Chapter thirty three

Tori's POV

I started to chase Pete, but I knew he had too much of a head start. I ended up sinking to the floor in the hallway.

Why did Patrick hit Pete? Was he jealous? But why? I had no interest in Pete! I loved Patrick and only Patrick! Pete, he was like my big brother!

Wait, did Pete like me? Was that why Patrick was angry?

That still made no sense! I agreed to marry Patrick! I didn't want anyone else!

"Are you okay?" Someone asked.

When I looked up I saw the girl I spent two years envying.

Elisa.

"I'm fine." I said.

"That doesn't explain why you're all alone out here." She said.

She sank down beside me, leaning on the wall too.

"What happened?" She asked.

Did she know who I was?

Maybe not.

"My fiancé got into a fight with my best friend. Who is also his best friend. And I hate it when they fight. And they were fighting over me." I said.

"That sucks. Why?" She asked.

"I'm not really sure. I've never shown any interest in anyone but my fiancé." I said.

I didn't know why I didn't just tell her who I was. She'd be coming to Hawaii with us. She'd figure it out eventually.

"Well, he apparently either thinks your best friend has interest in you, or that you have interest in him. But if he knows what you just told me, then maybe it's the former." Elisa said.

"I just wish they'd stop fighting." I said.

We sat in silence. Then Elisa held her hand out.

"I'm Elisa." She said.

I shook her hand. "I'm Tori." I said.

She gasped. "Tori? Tori Eaton?" She asked.

I nodded.

"Oh, so patrick is the one who's being jealous. Let me guess. He's jealous of Pete." She said.

I nodded.

"Yeah. Patrick is always just a little jealous of Pete. See, Patrick has this in his head that Pete is better than him. It bothers him. That's why he's so easily triggered." She said.

"Was he jealous when it was you?" I asked.

She nodded. "Don't worry. Patrick Will get over it. Although it will probably take awhile." She said.

"How long did it take with you?" I asked.

I was glad Elisa wasn't a bitch.

"Not very long. But Patrick loves you more than he ever loved me." She said.

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"I could tell by the way he talked about you on the way here. And when we got here, he literally fidgeted until he could go see you." She told me.

I smiled at the thought of Patrick fidgeting.

"Tori, go talk to him." Elisa said. "He loves you, and you love him too. He'll work it out with Pete. He always does."

I nodded. she was right.

I stood up and ran to our bedroom.