Chapter twenty five

Patricks POV

I woke up to the bed constantly shifting. It bounced and rocked and creaked. As I became more aware, I saw that the red numbers on the clock read 3:45 in the morning and I heard gasps and mutters from next to me.

Tori.

I sat up and turned, finding her thrashing next to me. Her legs had gotten tangled up in the sheets, and she must feel trapped.

"Tori, wake up." I said, reaching for her.

"Will please no." She gasped.

"Char, wake up. You're having a nightmare." I said, catching a hold of her wrists.

This made matters much worse.

Tori arched her back and let out a loud scream, calling my name. "Patrick! Patrick please! Don't let him take me!" She screamed.

"Tori!" I yelled, hauling her into a sitting position.

She gasped, still thrashing. But I think she heard me.

"Tori, I'm here. I'm here baby." I said, holding her still.

"Pat-Patrick?" She gasped. She went still.

"I'm here." I said.

She took a ragged breath.

"Shhh. It's okay. It was just a dream. They're not gonna hurt you." I soothed, pulling her into my lap.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and clung to me tightly. "Patrick?" She asked.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"When do we get a break from the tour?" She asked.

"We get one after tomorrow's show. Why?" I asked.

"I want to go somewhere." She said.

"Like where?" I asked, rubbing her back. This was the strangest conversation to have after her nightmare, but it calmed her down. I certainly didn't want her to have a panic attack.

"Where does Elisa live?" She asked.

I looked at her oddly. "Why do you want to know that?" I asked.

"Because I think you should spend your break with her or near her. I mean, she's pregnant with your child." She said.

"True. But I'm not leaving you." I said.

"I'd come to if you want." She said.

"Of course I want you to. I love you. Hit would you be uncomfortable around Elisa? She is my ex wife, Tori." I said. This was so weird.

Tori yawned. "And I'm your fiancé. I'll be fine." She said.

I thought about it as she yawned again. "I like hearing you say that." I said finally.

"Saying what?" Tori asked with a third yawn. She leaned her head on my shoulder. I rocked her gently, grateful that she was calm now and ready to sleep again.

"That you're my fiancé." I said.

"Soon you'll hear me say I'm your wife." She mumbled. God she was cute when she mumbled.

"Too good to be true. I'll wake up from this dream before then, I fear." I said jokingly.

"You better not or I'll be pissed." She slurred, so it sounded more like "you...tter....t or I'll.....be.....p...ss...d."

I chucked and kissed her temple. "I love you." I said.

"Love you." She said, already halfway gone again.

I held her tightly and began to sing What A Catch, Donnie. She fell asleep in my arms.

Tori's POV

When I woke up Patrick was gone, but I could hear him talking on the phone.

"I want to be there, Elisa." He said.

I got up and went into the other room quietly.

"Of course I'd bring Tori." He said.

He was pacing, something he always did when he was nervous.

"Elisa she's my fiancé. She's coming." He said.

He removed his hat, ran his hand through his hair, and then replaced it.

"Okay, we'll talk later. Goodbye." He said.

He turned and stopped when he saw me. "Did you hear?" He asked.

I nodded. "Does she not like me?" I asked.

He smiled sympathetically, coming towards me. "She just doesn't know you and Elisa is apprehensive of everyone. As soon as you two meet I'm sure you'll be fine." He said.

"What if I don't like her?" I asked.

Patrick chuckled. "Tori, if you don't like her than you'll pretend you do. Because I know you and you hate drama. Which is weird because you are a fantastic actress. Now, come on. Come eat." He said. He put his arms around me.

I kissed him gently. "I don't want to eat." I said.

"Why not? Are you okay? Feeling bad?" He asked jokingly.

"I'm fine." I said.

"Then who are you and what have you done with my fiancé?" He demanded.

I laughed and he kissed me again. "I'm still here." I said.

"Good." He said. "You're not going anywhere."