Chapter twenty eight

Pete's POV

I watched in horror as the news hit Tori like a slap. Several expressions crossed her face. Shock, confusion, disbelief, denial, anger, and sadness.

Then she fainted.

"Tori!" Andy cried, reaching out to catch her.

But I got there first. I grabbed her and pulled her into me before laying her on the couch.

"Oh my god." Joe said.

I held her and attempted to wake her up. "Tori, come on. Open your eyes." I said.

"Please."

Patricks POV

I woke up in the dark. But I heard a familiar voice.

"Wakey wakey Stump."

The blindfold was torn off and I saw him.

"Will." I hissed.

"In the flesh." He said.

Fucking Brit.

"Where am I?" I demanded. "Where is Tori?"

"So many questions and so little time." Another voice said.

I saw him in the corner.

"Evan." I growled.

"Who else?" He asked.

"What have you done to Tori?" I demanded.

"Oh, don't worry. We didn't take Tori." Will said.

Oh, thank god.

"You'd better not be lying." I warned.

"Or you'll do what, attack us with your mind?" Will demanded. "Evan, you didn't tell me that Stump had mind powers."

The two of them snickered and then Evan came closer.

"See, we both realized that all of our problems started with you." He said. "Tori had never back talked me before you."

"She was all mine before you showed up." Will added.

"She was held my hostage until you saved her." Evan said.

"And you got us both put in jail." Will finished.

"So you see, you're the reason we both have misfortunes." Evan said

"So, why take it out on Tori? She didn't do anything. She was brainwashed. Totally entranced by the boy in the hat." Will said, flicking my fedora off my head.

"So we're going to take it out on you." Evan said. "And the rest of your stupid band."

Tori's POV

"We have to find him! God, Pete we know who took him!" I cried. "Who else would take him?"

"Calm down, Tori. We're going to find him just like we found you." Joe said.

"That's it! We can trade me for Patrick! I'm the one they want anyway." I said.

"Hell no." Pete said. "Patrick would never forgive us for that."

I glared at him. "Patrick won't be here to forgive you if we don't do this now." I said.

"Tori, we have time to think this through." Andy said.

"We do not have time!" I shouted. "they could be killing Patrick right now! We have to move, guys!"

"Tori, look. I know you want to move now. But let's think about this. If we just fly in balls to the wall then we'll risk getting Patrick and the rest of us all killed. We have to think." Joe said.

Never had I been so angry. In my rage, I grabbed a glass and threw it into the wall, where it shattered.

"Calm down Tori!" Andy cried.

"Shut up Andy!" I shrieked.

Pete grabbed me and pulled me into the back. I screamed like a maniac before he managed to shut me up.

"Tori, here. Take these." He said, placing keys into my hand.

"What? Why?" I demanded. "What do these go to?"

Pete out on his jacket.

"My car. We're going after Patrick."

Sorry for the super short chapter. I'll try to make them longer. Thanks for reading!

Love you all!

-Amy