Chapter thirty four

"Patrick!" I exclaimed.

He was in the hotel room, sitting on our bed.

"Tori!" He exclaimed when he saw me.

He stood up but didn't come to me. "Are we good? Joe and Andy told me everything. I just walked up at the wrong time and heard the wrong thing. I'm going to apologize to Pete. I'm sorry I made you upset." He said.

I frowned. "What do you mean, 'Joe and Andy told you everything'?" I asked.

"They told me that Pete might have a little crush on you, but the thing he was telling them was that he wasn't going to make any moves, because he knew how happy we were. But what I heard was that they couldn't stop him from anything, which made me think he was gonna take you from me. And god Tori, I don't want to lose you again." Patrick said.

I stared at him a moment.

"I didn't know any of that. But Pete isn't getting any part of my. Except my hand. When it hits him." I said.

Patrick chuckled. "I'm sorry. I should've heard them out. I shouldn't have hit Pete." He said.

I stepped towards him. "It was actually kind of impressive. I didn't know you had it in you, Stump." I said in a low voice.

He reached out and pulled me to his chest.

"Neither did I. But I guess we know nobody can mess with you." He said.

I stood on my tiptoes and kissed his cheek.

"I love you." I said.

"Love you too, Mrs. Stump." He said.

"Oh my god, that sounds like hell. Can you take my last name instead?" I asked.

"Hmmm. Patrick Eaton." He said.

"No."

I chuckled.

"Tori Stump doesn't sound any better!" I cried.

"Maybe we'll just chose a new name together." Patrick said with a grin.

"I knew there was a reason I agreed to marry you." I said.

"You mean it wasn't because of my good looks and bad boy image?" He asked.

I chuckled. "If I wanted a bad boy, I'd be engaged to Andy."