Chapter eight

Monday came along and my phone had been buzzing all morning. I finally gave up on ignoring it and read the texts on my phone.

Jamie: How ya feeling? Haven't seen you and Willy in awhile! Come over!

Will: We need to talk. Stop pretending to be sick and come to rehearsal why don't you. I'm not losing nationals because of you.

Patrick: Still on for tomorrow? By the way, Tori I'm sorry I kissed you yesterday. You've made it clear that that's a bad idea. Sorry. Won't happen again. Let's forget it happened.

Sally Wortham: I'm sorry baby. I won't make it to Chicago. Something came up. Love you!

I sighed. My mom was, once again, missing my birthday. Will still hated me. Jamie was oblivious. And Patrick....i didn't even know what to do about Patrick. Although I didn't want to admit it, I had wanted more from him yesterday. But he'd left, and I still wanted him to come back.

I replied to the easiest text first.

Me: hey Jamie! I'm feeling better, thanks for asking. I'm busy all week though. Maybe we'll get a shift together or something!

Jamie and I worked together. I was a waitress and she was a hostess.

Then I replied to Mom.

Me: that's fine. Talk to you soon.

Then I replied to Will.

Me: I don't appreciate you being so rude. I'll come to rehearsal when Tom deems me healthy enough.

That was why I hadn't gone back anyway. Tom wouldn't let me dance until he was sure I was healthy.

Finally I replied to Patrick.

Me: yep still on. See you tomorrow.

It hurt too bad to talk about the kiss when I wanted more.

After the last message sent I got to my feet and walked to take a shower. That's when I furious knock was heard at my door.

I walked to the door and opened it. Will stood on the other side.

Before I could say a word, he slapped me across my face.

I gasped, stumbling back. "You bitch!" Will screamed.

"I'm a bitch!? You hit me!" I yelled.

He heaved me up and shoved me away. I was slammed into the counter, and I felt the marble press into my behind, where my phone was. I didn't dare pull it out.

I screamed.

Patricks POV

My phone rang, and I glanced at it to see Tori was calling me. My heart fluttered.

"Hello?" I asked.

Nothing.

"Char?" I asked.

I heard a scream.

"Will stop it! You're hurting me!"

"That's the point, whore!" came his familiar British voice.

Tori. Will was hurting her.

I jumped to my feet and ran for the door. I didn't put on a jacket, even though it was still snowing. I raced across the street to her apartment building.

I heard a second scream as I reached her door. I tried the handle, but it was locked.

I started kicking. It didn't budge.