Chapter 2

Jimin sat there, next to Aki, waiting for his name to be called. Sure, he's impatient, but, he knows there's most likely patients 100x sicker then him.

Jimin was leaning against Aki's shoulder, playing games on her phone sense his was dead.

Aki was busy entertaining herself by watching the cartoon on the TV. Sometimes Jimin swears she hasn't grown up. And, sometimes even Aki questions if she had.

"Park Jimin?"

Jimin shot up and dragged Aki along, following the nurse into the backroom. Jimin heard the screams of a baby well following the nurse. He hates that sound. The sound of screaming and crying.

The nurse sat them down, "Dr. Al will be right with you." She declared, bowing and walking off. Jimin nodded and Aki thanked her. Jimin leaned over to Aki and whispered in her ear.

"I hate this already."

Aki giggled and ruffled up the youngers hair, "you'll be fine. Don't worry, love." She grinned when he flushed and sat back, looking up and eyes catching the TV.

Within fifteen minutes, Dr. Al knocked and came in, smiling at Jimin. Jimin nodded and Aki whispered a hello in her soft, but raspy voice.

"So, you're here for a bug?" Jimin blinked but then shrugged, "guess so... yeah, I want to know what this is because I want to get over it. Its been two weeks since I felt sick and only yesterday I threw up over thirty times."

Dr. Al made a "O" with his mouth and smiled softly, sliding the chair next to him on the table. Jimin glared at him and watched what he was doing. Jimin let him check his heartbeat, do that throat test, and even take a urine sample. But nothing came back as positive for a bug.

"That's... odd..." Dr. Al said quietly, looking at the test results. Jimin held his breath and Aki held his hand- "could they be incorrect?" Asli suggested a question, but only got a head shake.

Dr. Al sighed and slid mover in his wheeled chair, "could be, but very unlikely. Jimin, I have one more idea." Jimin cocked up his eyebrows, "and that is?"

Dr. Al pursed his lips, "a ultrasound."

Jimin paused- "a what?"

Dr. Al grinned, "a ultrasound? to see if maybe there's something we're missing." Jimin squeezed Aki's hand. Sure, this shouldn't be a big deal, but Jimin was slightly terrified they'd find something that's not supposed to be there and tell him that he's slowly dying.

"Alright..." Jimin trailed, looking up and around. Dr. Al smiled in encouragement and had Jimin slip his pants halfway off and lift his shirt. Jimin laid back and did this, hating that gel feeling when it was applied.

Aki watched the screen monitor closely and held Jimin's hand still. Dr. Al squinted his eyes and bit his lip- "I don't... I don't know what that is..." He suddenly said, spooking Jimin a little because he went off into his own headspace.

"W-what?"

Dr. Al sucked in his lips and moved the monitor around- "that's... that's a small ball thing... what have you eaten recently that was a ball shape?"

Jimin shrugged and thought hard- "I don't know... chicken nuggets?"

Dr. Al muttered under his breath, "those wouldn't be round, though... I'll tell you what, how about I get you some medication because it'll kill whatever that is." Jimin blinked for a few seconds but then hummed.

"Okay..."