Chapter 6

"How is he?" Aki asked as one nurse exited the surgery room. She smiled and patted Aki's back- "great, actually. Its going really well and we seem to be getting this baby better."

Aki sighed out in relief, "thank you... Maryjane..." The nurse hummed, "any day Aki," she patted the youngers back again and left.

Aki sat back down and waited patiently for six and a half hours before Dr. Burns came out, sly smile on his lips- "they're both going to be just fine. It was a little difficult. But, we got it."

Aki threw her arms around him and thanked him constantly, almost balling now. He patted her back and hugged back- "hey hey, its what we doctors are for..."

•••••••••

About three hours later Jimin woke up and groaned at the pain in his lower region and stomach but knew it'd all be worth it.

"Hey, Jimin..." Aki said quietly, coming into his blurry vision. The urge to cry suddenly hit and Jimin let the tears fly out and felt Aki wrap her arms around him protectively.

"Baby, Jiminie, what's wrong?" She asked, concerned but understanding. Jimin shrugged and wailed- "I don't even know!"

A knock on the door startled them both and Dr. Burns walked in, "so, the surgery was a success. You and your baby are going to be just fine." Jimin thanked him and sniffled, head leaning against Aki's.

"Also... do you want to know something that surprised all of us?" Dr. Burns asked, hoping Jimin would say yes. Jimin nodded, eyes softening, "you have a uterus and womb. That's quite amazing..." Jimin widened his eyes and looked down at his stomach.

"I do!?" Dr. Burns hummed and smiled when Jimin's body relaxed and he leaned more into Aki. Dr. Burns looked at them both again, "he's going to need to stay here for at least three to four days so we can keep progress on him."

Jimin didn't even complain and agreed before Aki could for him. Aki didn't say anything and Dr. Burns walked out, smiling like a mad man.

••••••••••••••

Its only been a day, but Jimin's already feeling uncomfortable. They moved him into a different room that was a little more comfy and Aki has boughten him different foods left and right, running downstairs for him.

Aki is currently sitting on the chair next to Jimin's bed, watching the TV next to him. Jimin is tired, yeah, but he doesn't want to risk falling asleep and angering the nurse who checks up on him every fifteen or so minutes.

Jimin heard the door open and looked over, eyes meeting the brown haired nurses. She smiled and nodded, pulling out the thermometer and doing what she did last time.

Jimin doesn't know why she just can't take it from under his tongue, but no, she insists the bottom. He hates that.

Aki sat next to him still, not looking at the nurse nor Jimin, eyes fixated on the TV. Jimin didn't blame her and knew she loved murderer documentary's. Aki fell asleep every now and then but only for a few minutes.

The nurse threw away the stick top and looked up at a unimpressed Jimin and smiled, "do you want anything? doctor said you can try sandwiches and chips, nothing else."

Jimin bit his lips and shrugged, "um... how about a sandwich? not gonna risk it with chips." The nurse hummed and went to leave but froze again- "how about a drink?"

"Water... just water..." The nurse blinked- "you can have a little bit of lemonade, tea-" "water... I'm not risking it."

The nurse understood and was off, going to get his food. She came back about fifteen minutes later and sat the food down, giving him a small cookie on the side. Jimin thanked her and took a small bite, saying a dramatic yum! and she was off.

Jimin sat the sandwich down and saw Aki- "are you hungry?" Aki looked up, surprised, "no Jiminie, I'm fine. I ate before you woke up." Jimin nodded, "just making sure."

Aki giggled and thanked him, looking back at the TV, which Jimin turned up. Jimin heard the door open yet again and Dr. Burns walked in, bright smile on his face.

"How are you? good I hope!" He saw what Jimin had on the plate and made a ah sound, smiling still- "only bread, meat, and cheese. You're keeping it on the safe side, yeah?"

"Yeah..." Jimin mumbled, not even realising he still had a cookie over on the plate, too. "That's good, it'll keep you and your baby healthier." Jimin smiled at the thought of his baby and nodded.

"Well, let's check the heart on it." Dr. Burns said, telling Jimin what he's going to do. Jimin's used to this, he's been doing this every three hours or so. Jimin didn't mind, either.

Jimin felt the pressure on his stomach and gasped out when a pain hit him. Dr. Burns smiled- "that's a good pain, Jimin. It means your baby is healthy and moving." Jimin nodded, he knew this.

Dr. Burns checked the baby's heartbeat and smiled in satisfaction- "good. Its going great. No flaws. But, I'm going to keep this hooked up just so you don't have to move uncomfortably again for the next time, alright?" Jimin nodded and didn't mind it, going back to watching TV with Aki.

Dr. Burns left and returned with more water and left again. Jimin finally, after an hour, fell asleep.

••••••••••••

Jimin woke up to the nurse tapping him- "sir? how are you feeling?" Jimin sat up slightly and smiled, "good, you?" She blushed- "not so bad myself. Here," she handed him the medication and he downed it without water.

She smiled and looked at the monitor, seeing the baby's heartbeat was fine much like Jimin's, too. "That's good, do you or your sister want anything?" Jimin looked over and saw Aki passed out on the bed thing underneath the window and smiled lovingly.

"Um yeah, sure. For her a bag of chips and a sandwich and for me... just a sandwich and a cookie." The nurse nodded and was off. Jimin would've said a cookie for Aki... but she hates them.

Aki stirred awake when Jimin whispered her name softly. She looked concerned but softened quickly- "oh good morning..." "Afternoon," Jimin corrected, smirking. She playfully groaned and giggled.

As soon as Jimin revved his food, a few of his relatives came up. Now, he wouldn't of cared if he didn't have a stomach ache because of the pill. He sighed when his aunt pranced in, his mother following.

Aki sat back, not wanting to talk.

Mrs. Park ran up to her soon, squishing his chubby cheeks- "my baby boy! are you alright!?" Jimin smiled and cupped his hand over hers- "yes eomma, I'm fine completely..."

"Sure? positive!?"

"Positive..."