⛄|Chapter 9|⛄

The wind had a bite to it today. The bite that made Jimin want to curl up and run home. The bite that went right through you like a spike.

Jimin felt like going home, but he couldn't leave Aki alone like this. Not with a bunch of creeps staring her down like a piece of meat. Not with a bunch of men undressing her with their eyes.

Jimin felt his teeth chattering but couldn't stop it and didn't let himself care and just hugged himself tighter and pressed himself into Aki, whom didn't seem to care and held onto her hoodie tightly.

Stupid Aki forgot her jacket and was depending on Jimin's heat, too. Which he didn't mind either, it is a normal thing.

"Jiminie, I know you are cold. I can take you home?" Jimin shook his head and sighed, his breath freezing in the air. Aki swallowed, "Jimin. I don't think cold weather is alright for the baby..."

Jimin nodded, agreeing with her. He shook his head, pinching his eyes shut as the moisture in them began to freeze, too. Okay, yeah, time to go home.

Aki and him huddled together back on the subway train, holding each other tightly. Aki didn't mind Jimin's baby bump kind of pushing her away. She was used to it by now.

Jimin's seven months pregnant now and decided to wait until birth to find out what the baby is. To be honest, he can't wait. Ever since he decided to keep the baby he's been working himself up.

He's already started collecting things and Aki helped him clear out his old storage room (just an extra room he had) for the baby. Jimin's already painted it blue and added some stars to make it glow at night.

Aki laid her head against Jimin's shoulder and breathed out heavily. "I'm going to miss you, Jimin..."

Jimin looked up- "what?"

This was news to him. She's going to miss him?

No- she can't leave now. Not now- Jimin will never make it.

"Don't look so serious," Aki giggled, her eyes scrunching up. Jimin had his eyebrows practically pushed together in confusion and concern and it only made Aki giggle more.

"When I go to Canada silly. I'll be gone for an entire month," Jimin's worried face went away and he mumbled a soft "oh."

Aki grinned and closed her eyes. This is going to be a two hour ride so why not sleep through it?

•••

Jimin fell asleep, too, but after an hour the train came to a stop and Jimin saw people pushing and shoving each other out of the way. Thank god this isn't their stop. Jimin may of died.

Aki was still sound asleep, snoring just slightly. Jimin didn't mind even though she was right in his ear.

Jimin saw a little boy struggling to keep up with his papa and he tripped, dropping his teddy bear and looked as if he was ready to ball. Jimin instantly got up, causing Aki shift awake.

She watched in curiosity of what Jimin was doing and saw the elder go to the little boy. Jimin looked down at him and smiled, bending down as much as possible and just being able to reach the bear and then helped this little one up.

The boy scraped off his dirty jeans and smiled at the elder, "t-th-thank you s-si-sir!" He cooed out when Jimin handed him back the teddy bear and ruffled his hair. "Be careful now, alright? don't lose your papa."

The small boy nodded and caught glimpse of the elders tummy, "are you pregnant, mister?" Jimin giggled and placed a hand on his belly- "I am indeed." The little ones eyes went wide and surprised.

"Oh that's so cool! I've never heard of a male pregnancy! what are you having if I may ask?" Jimin pursed his lips and his eyes went into crescents, "I don't know yet actually. I decided to wait until my baby is born," Jimin stated, eyes meeting the young boys again.

The boy nodded, "I'm Aiden!" he said, his own eyes scrunching up into crescents. Jimin nodded and shook the youngers smaller hand, "I'm Jimin. Park Jimin," the boy hummed.

"Aiden!" A voice broke through in a panic, and Jimin saw the man from earlier. He rushed through, eyes shooting side to side, obviously worried and his heart probably stopping.

The man froze in front of Jimin and Aiden. He looked surprised, shocked. Jimin knew it was probably because of his baby bump.

The man blinked and nodded, "did you find my son?" Jimin snapped back into reality, "oh- yeah. Aiden's your son?" The man hummed and looked down at the young boy who looked around seven.

"Aiden- what did I tell you about sticking close to me?" He scolded, hand on his hip and eyes squinty. Jimin stepped in and held his hands up, "sorry sir. He was having some trouble and tripped. I just came to help him and I began talking to him. It is my fault, I'm sorry."

The man looked bewildered but just sighed and nodded, "Alright. You're okay Aiden. May I ask what your name is?" Jimin blinked but nodded, "Jimin. Park Jimin," the mans stern look softened.

"I'm Alan, Dae Alan. May I ask if you are expecting?" Jimin looked down at his belly after shaking the mans hand and hummed. "Yeah, seven months, going on eight soon."

Alan grinned, clearly curious and delighted. "That's great. Let me tell you- children are a lot of work. I have three back at home and one fifteen year old who lives with her elder brother, who is not mine but my ex wife's."

Jimin nodded. This sounded... interesting.

The man looked at the subways top number and sighed, grabbing Aiden's hand. "I hate to say bye, but we've got to run. Here's my number if you ever want to talk," he handed Jimin a piece of paper with a name and number.

Jimin nodded and waved bye, walking back to Aki. She looked up at him, "you made a friend."

"He was little, Aki." Aki rolled her eyes playfully and scooted over so Jimin could sit back down. She held the seat for him so no one would swoop in and steal it.

"I didn't say it was a bad thing," she said defensively. Jimin chuckled and ruffled her hair.

"I know."