⛄|Chapter Twelve|⛄

Jimin jogged outside after telling Mr. Alan he needed a moment and called Aki. She answered quickly.

"Dammit Jimin, I'm gone for a few hours and suddenly you are dying."

Jimin snorted, "am not. Anyways. Is your father named Mr. Alan? Or is that what people call him?"

Silence

...

"Yeah? Why? ... Oh no Jimin-You didn't... Damn it. I can't be gone for four hours can I?"

Jimin rolled his eyes, "Guess not. But I was just talking to him. Do you have a little brother named Aiden by some chance?"

That silence was the most painful thing Jimin's been through so far.

"Jimin, get out of there. Tell him you need to take Aiden somewhere or tell Aiden that you want to go talk to him and run."

Jimin shook his head, his mind racing. Why the hell does she sound so shaken up? so terrified? so blank?

"I can't just take a child and run, Aki. That'd be kidnap."

A groan was heard and he heard Aki shuffling through some stuff, "It is not if you are protecting a minor."

What?

"Aki, what the hell do you mean? Aiden is a minor, I know that. But protecting him? he seems safe?"

Dead silence and then all he heard was Aki breathing in and out deeply and shakily.

"Do as I say Jimin. If you want to save Aiden's life you'd listen to me."

Jimin shook his head again and let his thoughts process. Aiden is clearly fine and Aki is just being overdramatic.

"Aki. Stop it. You are scaring me and stressing me out and I can hardly breathe. You are being dramatic. Aiden is fine and Aiden hasn't shown any signs of distress, either-"

"I don't have a brother named Aiden."

That hit like a brick. Aki doesn't have a brother named Aiden. She doesn't even know an Aiden now that Jimin comes to think of it.

"What?"

A loud, shuddering breath was heard- "Jimin. I do not have a brother named Aiden. I don't even know an Aiden. My father is known for crime and kidnapping is one of them."

Jimin swallowed, "you haven't seen your father in years though. Maybe his new wife has a son named Aiden? Or-"

Aki clicked her tongue through the other end, "I just called his wife. She said they have no boy named Aiden."

Okay, maybe Aki wasn't overreacting.

"Jimin listen to me and listen to me closely. Do not let him leave with Aiden and do not let him do anything to you. I'm on my way."

Okay, Jimin never expected this and is now fearing the worst.

"Alright-okay... I... I can do that. Stall right?"

A hum was heard and Jimin clicked off the phone line. He's going to die seven months pregnant and alone.

Life's great.