23

Yeosang took a deep breath, a really deep breath.

It was Saturday afternoon and Yeosang was currently sitting in his car outside Wooyoung's house. Yeosang had drummed up the courage to go straight to Wooyoung and ask him how he felt.

He'd missed not seeing the older all week and he hoped that Wooyoung was resting well. Mina had helped him prepare a soup that would hopefully soothe Wooyoung's stomach, and make him felt better. Yeosang also didn't want to show up empty handed, his parents had always told him that when visiting someone's house you should offer them something; flowers, food, anything.

Yeosang knew Wooyoung didn't live too far, but he still spent a lot of time trying to remember where Wooyoung's house was. He'd driven up and down the streets of Wooyoung's neighbourhood until he finally saw a somewhat familiar road and he followed his intuition until he was sure he had the right house.

Considering the last time he had been to Wooyoung's home it had been night time and he was too preoccupied in Wooyoung to actually take notice of the house, it's was a wonder Yeosang found his house again at all.

Yeosang's knuckles were almost white as he gripped the steering wheel. He knew he wanted to talk with Wooyoung, but Wooyoung rejecting him was still a big dark cloud hanging over his mind.

He picked up the soup from the passenger seat and hopped out of the car, hugging the warm pot tightly to his chest as he walked to Wooyoung's front door.

Yeosang rang the doorbell and then knocked twice before standing still and staring at the door hoping to god he had the right house and not some strangers.

He hoped Wooyoung wouldn't mind him showing up unannounced, particularly because he was so sick. It must be bad since he'd been away from work all week.

A tall slim woman in fine clothing opened the door. "Hello? How can I help you?" she said looking down on Yeosang.

Yeosang felt like he should have made himself look more decent, he had on his old sweater jumper and jeans. Looking at this women's polished appearance he felt like he should have worn a shirt and nice dress pants or something.

"Does Jung Wooyoung live here?"

"Yes he does, are you a friend?"

"Um yeah, I work with Wooyoung at Ren's Arcade. I just came to see how he was since he hasn't been at work all week" Yeosang smiled.

"Ahh well come in. Perhaps you can get Wooyoung to come out of his room, he's been moping in there since Monday, I'm Wooyoung's mother, call me Mrs. Jung"

Wooyoung's mother stuck out her slender hand and Yeosang shook it. He felt a bit intimidated by the woman, she looked very elegant and wise, and although her tone of voice was kind she unsettled Yeosang for some reason.

She made room for Yeosang to step inside, and as soon as he was through the door Yeosang was hit with a visual wave of religious paraphernalia.

Yeosang didn't know that Wooyoung was religious.

"Would you like tea? Coffee? Oh and is that for Wooyoung?" she asked pointing at the pot Yeosang was holding.

Maybe he should have put the soup in something nicer as well rather than the orange-brown dish it was currently residing in. "Yep, my sister and I made soup. Is Wooyoung feeling better?"

"Feeling better?" She asked as she took the pot daintily from Yeosang.

"Yeah, he was quite sick when he left work on Monday, we've all been quite worried about him since he hasn't contacted us"

"Well I guess he was a bit sluggish on Monday" she said as she pulled her lips into a thin line and frowned ". . But he's fine now other than the fact that he hasn't really left his room"

Yeosang was starting to wonder whether Wooyoung was actually sick to begin with, as his mother didn't seem too concerned at all.

"I'll take you to him". She didn't even wait for Yeosang to speak any further as she began walking into the house.

Yeosang followed behind awkwardly, not just because Wooyoung's mum scared him but all the religious ornaments and pictures were kind of weirding him out. Having beliefs was fine but this all just felt like too much.

"Pumpkin?" Mrs. Jung asked, knocking on what Yeosang assumed was Wooyoung's door.

"Yes mum?" Yeosang heard Wooyoung's voice reply.

"There is someone here to see you, they brought you soup, can they come in?"

"Is it Mingi? . .you can send him in"

"Ahh it's not Mingi, pumpkin it's . ."

Mrs. Jung suddenly stopped and looked at Yeosang "What's your name boy?" she asked in a hushed voice

"It's Yeosang, Kang Yeosang" Yeosang answered

"It's Yeosang pumpkin, he's coming in now" and with that Mrs. Jung pushed opened the door and motioned him in and closed the door behind him.

Wooyoung's eyes were wide and he looked white as a sheet as he sat propped up on his window seat.

"Hey Youngie" Yeosang smiled, he felt better seeing the older.

"Why are you here?" Wooyoung questioned.

"I wanted to see how you were, are you feeling better? You look better" Yeosang said as he observed Wooyoung's appearance. He didn't look sick, he was pale yes, but he was clearly not sick.

Wooyoung scratched his neck "Um yeah I'm better . . you brought me soup?"

"Yeah, you seemed pretty sick on Monday, I thought it might help you . .M-mina helped" Yeosang stuttered.

"Oh thank you"

Yeosang kicked his feet, nervous to ask and tell Wooyoung how he felt.

It didn't help that Wooyoung was staring at him with his gloriously big beautiful eyes.

Knock Knock

"Pumpkin?"

Both boy's heads looked to the door

"Yes mum?" Wooyoung asked

The door opened and Mrs. Jung poked her head through the door "I thought you might like some biscuits" she said while out stretching a plate of biscuits towards Yeosang.

"Thank you" Wooyoung said.

Yeosang took them with a smile and bow, and she closed the door again.

Yeosang looked at the spread of different cookies on the plate and settled for eating a plain shortbread finger. Yeosang waved the plate at Wooyoung and Wooyoung nodded.

So Yeosang carried the biscuits over and handed Wooyoung the plate as he sat next to him on the window seat.

The silence as they ate was awkward. Yeosang had never felt so nervous around Wooyoung in his whole entire time knowing him.

There was just so much riding on what he wanted to say and he hoped that Wooyoung would understand.

A/n ♡⃛ɞ(ू•ᴗ•ू❁)