26

"Do your parents know where you are?" Wooyoung asked concern in his voice

"No. . But Mina knows I'm here, she'll let them know" Yeosang answered

"Did you want to give them a call anyway? You can use our landline?"

"Ahh maybe I should" Yeosang said running a hand through his hair.

Wooyoung led Yeosang to the phone "I'll go let mum know you're staying" Wooyoung said before leaving to go find his mum.

Yeosang made himself comfortable on the stool beside the phone as he dialled his home phone and spoke with his parents.

Wooyoung got back to Yeosang as he was hanging up the phone.

"All good?" Wooyoung asked

"Yep, they said it was best I stayed here until the rain stops"

"Ok well dinners ready, let's go eat!" Wooyoung smiled

Yeosang followed Wooyoung into a dining room and Wooyoung pointed at a chair for Yeosang to sit in. "I'm going to help mum, I'll be back" Wooyoung said smiling at Yeosang before leaving the room.

Yeosang sat down, nervous to be alone. There was even more religious paraphernalia in this room, Yeosang felt like he had many eyes on him from all the pictures and sculptures.

Mr. Jung powerfully strode into the room and sat at the head of the table and Yeosang shrunk in his chair, clasping his hands in his lap to stop them from shaking.

Wooyoung came into the room followed by Mrs. Jung each holding two plates. Mrs. Jung placed one plate in front of Mr. Jung and one for herself, and Wooyoung placed one plate in front of Yeosang and then on the table mat for himself.

Yeosang went to pick up his fork but Wooyoung jabbed him in the leg and shot him a glare.

Yeosang grew even more confused as Wooyoung grabbed his hand and placed their closed hands on the table. Yeosang was practically shitting himself, what the heck was Wooyoung doing? Yeosang's heart and soul were trying to escape his body.

But everything became clearer when Wooyoung also grabbed his mother's hand across the table, and she grabbed Mr. Jung's, they were probably going to say grace.

Just because things became clearer, it didn't mean his heart slowed down, not when he realised he had to hold Mr. Jung's hand too.

Yeosang slowly placed his hand in Mr. Jung's, and as soon as their hands met Mr. Jung clamped his hand tightly around Yeosang's, so tight Yeosang felt like his hand would drop off.

Mr. Jung began to thank Jesus and God for the food and various other things and everyone closed their eyes, but Yeosang.

Yeosang just wanted to eat. He turned to look at Wooyoung whose eyes were closed.

Yeosang had never been afraid of Wooyoung, upset and confused about him, but never afraid, but right now that was exactly how Yeosang felt.

He was afraid that having Wooyoung in his life meant accepting this religious side of him, and he didn't want that sort of life. How much was Wooyoung in with the church? Yeosang felt like he didn't know Wooyoung at all. If this was how his parents were he wondered how much of their personality was infused with Wooyoung.

As if on cue Wooyoung opened his eyes. Mr. Jung was still talking(thanking), eyes closed shut.

Wooyoung stared into Yeosang's eyes and Yeosang felt like he was reading his soul, and maybe it was coincidence or maybe Wooyoung had read his mind, but a moment later Wooyoung pulled Yeosang's hand under the table.

And he laced their fingers together, his thumb gently stroking his hand, as if to reassure him that everything was ok.

Wooyoung's house was strange. His parents were intimidating. Wooyoung was being weird. He felt scared.

But it didn't make Yeosang like Wooyoung any less.

With the little gestures Wooyoung had been comforting him with tonight Yeosang wondered whether Wooyoung actually liked him too. Like actually really liked him.

Wooyoung had never been so bold in simply touching Yeosang of his own accord before. Yet in the place Yeosang thought Wooyoung would be the most closed off considering the vibe of the household, the older was the most confident.

Conversation over the meal was a little rocky. Wooyoung's parents bombarded him with questions and Yeosang did his best to answer them.

Very often than not Yeosang would look to Wooyoung pleading with his eyes for advice on how he should answer particular tricky questions. Wooyoung thankfully read his pleas loud and clear and Yeosang was happy to allow Wooyoung to answer for him. Not surprisingly Wooyoung told them a bunch of lies, Yeosang knew were to protect him from whatever wrath his parents had sitting ready to fire on the side lines.

Yeosang was thankful when the dinner was over and Wooyoung rushed him back to his room and closed the door.

"I'm so sorry you had to sit through that" Wooyoung whispered.

"It's ok. There is nothing to be sorry for" Yeosang felt like he had to say that.

"It's not ok Yeo, they don't know when to stop. My parents can be so intense sometimes, they think nothing is off limits"

Yeosang bit his lip " . . .So you go to church?" it was a silly question since he already knew the answer.

" . . I do . . I hope you don't compare me to my parents. . Just because I go to church too doesn't mean I'm anything like my parents, to be honest I don't like church"

Wooyoung's response surprised Yeosang, but it did make him feel better towards Wooyoung sorta.

"Youngie?"

"Yeah?"

"What do I mean to you?" the question just kind of slipped out of his lips.

Wooyoung furrowed his brows and looked away from Yeosang.

"Ahh sorry, that's a weird question ignore it" Yeosang awkwardly laughed. Why did he ask that?

"It's not"

"Hmm?"

"It's not a weird question . . .I don't know if I can give you an answer though"

Yeosang felt twang in his chest.

"But . ." Wooyoung continued "You do mean something to-"

Knock Knock

Yeosang was about ready to murder that knocking.

Wooyoung's parents clearly had some psychic intuition because they interrupted them both every time their conversation approached personal levels.

Wooyoung opened the door "What?"

"This storm doesn't look like it's going to pass anytime soon" Mrs. Jung said looking at Wooyoung, she then looked at Yeosang "Why don't you stay and head home in the morning?"

"w-what-?" they both gasped collectively.

A/n *Happy Squealing*
It's happening!!!