33

- Mingi -

Mingi pursed his lips as he looked at Wooyoung next to him. Since he'd shown up at church with his parents he had been in a grumpy broody mood, his arms crossed over his chest and all words that came out of his mouth short and sharp.

Mingi swore he could hear the grinding of Wooyoung's teeth throughout the whole service.

Both boys were currently sitting on the fence outside church while their parents chatted as usual. Mingi listened as Wooyoung breathed heavily through his nose, he looked like he was about to implode.

"Wooyoung?" Mingi asked cautiously, he wanted to get to the bottom of Wooyoung's crappy mood.

"What?!" Wooyoung snapped

Mingi shrunk back at the daggers he received from Wooyoung's eyes "Woah calm down Woo" he put his hands up defensively "What's up with you today?"

"Nothing's wrong" Wooyoung said monotone

Mingi almost snorted at that, but he didn't want to aggravate Wooyoung further.

Mingi pulled on his shirt sleeve as he side eyed Wooyoung, Wooyoung looked like he was shooting daggers at the grass now.

Mingi hadn't seen Wooyoung in a mood like this in a very long time. His best friend was usually a ball of happy sunshine, but right now he was a huge fireball and Mingi very much wanted to dodge any blows.

"Wooyoung it doesn't look like there's nothing wrong, talk to me, maybe I can help? Is it to do with your closet girl?"

Wooyoung jumped up. Had he hit the nail on the head?

"Sorta" Wooyoung said as he clenched his fists

"What happened?" Mingi asked grabbing his arm. Had something happened between them?

Wooyoung sighed, his mood shifting yet again, and pulled his arm away "Can we talk about this another time please?"

Mingi nodded and watched as Wooyoung went to his parents and then made a b-line towards the car park.

Mingi decided to ask Woo's mum, maybe she knew.

Mingi walked over to his parents and Woo's parents who were currently deep in conversation, but his mouth immediately shut when he heard what they were talking about.

"-and then I caught them fighting this morning in Wooyoung's room. That Kang boy is a bad influence on our Wooyoung" Mrs. Jung said

Kang boy? Was Mrs. Jung referring to Yeosang, and why were they fighting? Mingi thought Wooyoung was upset and angry over his closet girl. Maybe Yeosang and Wooyoung were fighting over her?

Mingi chose to listen in on the conversation instead, rather than ask out right. Mingi was pretty sure they were going to answer his questions anyway.

"He's a very nervous boy, he wouldn't even answer our simple questions over dinner. He just let Wooyoung answer for him" Mr. Jung added

Mingi was super confused now. Yeosang had been at Woo's house for dinner? But Mrs. Jung had just said that they were fighting this morning, does that mean Yeosang was there all night?

"The boy sounds like he lacks confidence" his father said.

"Oh he certainly lacks confidence" Mrs. Jung confirmed "the boy just sat and shook like a leaf"

"He's sounds troubled and how disrespectful of him to get into a fight under your roof" his mother tsked

"Oh Mingi!" Mrs. Jung said as she noticed Mingi's presence "Come here" she said waving him closer