25

Wooyoung was caught off guard by Yeosang showing up at his house but he was glad that he came.

He had been mentally prepping himself to tell the younger what was on his mind. That although he didn't know what it meant he did feel something towards Yeosang. He wanted Yeosang to know that.

He wished the dinner his parents were meant to be attending that evening hadn't been cancelled so they would have been out of the house.

Like he had told Yeosang, one of the reasons why he didn't have many friends was because his parents, particularly his father scared them away.

His parents wanted to approve of each person before they entered the house. If his parents weren't good friends with the Song's, they probably never would have accepted Mingi.

They often pulled different tactics for each individual. Either bombarding them with questions or checking in every 5 minutes.

Yeosang was lucky in that they went for the check-in option, because he didn't think Yeosang could handle the questions they'd throw at him. 'What church do you attend?' was usually the first question they ask and Wooyoung knew his parents would be shocked to find out that Yeosang didn't go to church. They'd turn Yeosang away straight away, and Wooyoung didn't want that.

Rain started to fall and Wooyoung got an ominous feeling in his stomach, he filled a glass with water for himself and for Yeosang and walked back to his room.

Wooyoung panicked when he found Yeosang wasn't there, where did he go? Had his parents tactics worked once again?

Even though half the time Wooyoung was trying to avoid Yeosang he really wished that this time Yeosang wouldn't go, he's barely been in half an hour. It'd be a new record for someone disappearing from his house. . .not that he was keeping record.

Wooyoung placed the glasses on his desk.

"Yeosang? . . . . YeoSANG?!" He called

"I-I'm h-here" Yeosang called back

Wooyoung walked back out into the hallway and he breathed a sigh of relief when he saw Yeosang standing down the end of it.

He noticed something fluffy in Yeosang's arms and realised that he had found his cat.

"Are you ok?" Wooyoung asked as he came up to Yeosang's side. The way Yeosang was standing made him look small and shrunken.

Yeosang gripped the cat as another thunder clap shook the house.

"I'm f-fine" Yeosang stuttered

"You don't look fine, do you not like the rain?"

"I don't like the thunder" Yeosang said as he buried his face in the cats fluffy fur "I just want to go h-home"

Wooyoung felt a pang to his chest, Yeosang looked scared, he had never seen Yeosang scared before.

"Well I'm not letting you drive home in this rain, wait until it slows ok?"

Yeosang nodded and nuzzled the cats head with his nose. "Ok"

"Come on, let's go back to my room"

Yeosang nodded again and followed along behind Wooyoung. Wooyoung decided to keep the door ajar just a bit this time, maybe it'd make his parents feel better.

"His names Jun by the way"

"Huh? Who?" Yeosong asked confused

"My cat your holding"

Yeosang looked down at the cat still curled up in his arms "Hi Jun" Yeosang smiled.

Wooyoung's heart did a flip seeing Yeosang's small smile and hearing his sweet voice.

"You know, usually Jun takes forever to warm up to new people"

"He probably knows that I like cats" Yeosang said. As if on cue Jun purred and Yeosang cooed.

"That's good to know. You can sit down if you want" Wooyoung said pointing at his chair, his bed and the window seat giving Yeosang options.

Yeosang' kicked off his shoes and sat crossed legged on Wooyoung's bed placing the cat in his lap.

Wooyoung went and sat next to Yeosang's and they silently petted Jun who purred and meowed at all the attention he was receiving.

Wooyoung was happy that Yeosang looked more comfortable, but he didn't miss the little jumps Yeosang did ever time the thunder clapped or the rain picked up on the roof.

There was a particularly loud clap, that scared even Wooyoung this time.

It was only a second or two of noise but in that second Jun scurried out of Yeosang's lap and Wooyoung found himself holding Yeosang's hand.

Yeosang made eye contact with Wooyoung and Wooyoung held his gaze.

He wasn't sure whether he had grabbed it or whether Yeosang's had grabbed it but in the moments after realisation he found himself not wanting to let go.

Funnily it was Yeosang who tried to pull his hand away first, and a terribly confused expression fell on Yeosang's face when he seemed to realise that Wooyoung wasn't going to let go.

Wooyoung watched as Yeosang's eyes shifted between their enclosed hands and his face.

"It's ok" Wooyoung said, the simple statement had multiple meanings, but it was up to Yeosang on how he interpreted it.

It's ok you're safe

It's ok don't be scared

It's ok to hold my hand

The rain shattered down, and but now that Yeosang's hand was in Wooyoung's he no longer jumped at the claps.

There were things Wooyoung wanted to say but he couldn't find the words for, he just held on instead. Wooyoung gave Yeosang's hand a squeeze and Yeosang squeezed back.

Wooyoung made small talk, distracting Yeosang from the rain and they both lost themselves in conversation. Yeosang pointed out various things in Wooyoung's room like his matchbox car collection and books on his bookshelf and Wooyoung talked about them.

Wooyoung was glad that his parents didn't make another surprise visit because the whole time they were chatting their hands remained in one another's.

It was hard to know exactly what their connected hands meant, but Wooyoung knew it definitely meant something. He wondered what the small gesture meant to Yeosang.

The rain got heavier and heavier and soon it was reaching dinner time.

A sweet smell wafted through the house and both boys sniffed the air and salivated.

"Mmm that smells so good!" Yeosang said, his nose still in the air.

"Mmhmm I think mums making roast. . .You can stay for dinner if you want? I don't think this rains going to lighten anytime soon" Wooyoung offered

"I'd like that, if it's ok?"

"It's more than ok, and plus I'm not letting you outside like this, I don't think you'd last"

Wooyoung raised their hands as if to say "you wouldn't last without me"

Yeosang rolled his eyes a playful expression on his face "I don't think I would" Yeosang's said squeezing Wooyoung's hand, he got the message.

"Let's go let my mum know you're staying" Wooyoung stood up pulling Yeosang's by the hand until he was standing too.

They both looked at their hands and then at each other.

"We should proabl-"

"Yeah we should" Yeosang finished

They let go. Wooyoung's hand felt cold now that Yeosang's hand was no longer in it.

A/n Double update!! <3 <3