Final Chapter - If tomorrow ends (January 11, 2020)

August 14, 2025

"Anong balita?" Tanong ni Odyssey sa telepono. He continued the research and funded a lot of efforts in connection to early onset Alzheimer's.

Pero ilang taon na ang nakakalipas, halos wala pa rin silang usad.

Bagsak ang mga balikat ni Odyssey nang ibaba niya ang telepono. Pero nabuhayan siya nang marinig ang boses ni Lee at tinatawag siya.

"Odi..." It was one of her lucid intervals. Odyssey immediately dropped what he's doing to run to her wheelchair. "Simon Odyssey." She mentioned his name clear and crisp.

"Lee?" He fondles her face. "Naalala mo ako?" He was so happy. But her face has clearly deteriorated. The bony cheekbones are sticking.

She nodded.

"Anong gusto mo? May 'di ba kumportable? May masakit ba sa'yo? Tell me..."

"Gusto ko doon." Turo nito sa balkonahe.

Itinulak niya ang upuan nito sa maliit na veranda. Tumabi siya dito, carefully hugging her. Wary not to be too tough.

"Hindi ka ba napapagod?" She asked instead of answering his questions. "Na ganito?"

"Never." Tears were already falling from his eyes. Not drops, but it is endlessly flowing. He was too happy that she remember him today, but he is also really really sad.

"Pero ako napapagod na..."

"R-really?" He was choking with his sobs. He wanted to tell her that it's gonna be okay. But if she's tired... hindi niya na alam.

"Will you be sad?"

"I will always love you, Lee."

"Me, too."

"Shh... I know."

"Even though I won't remember you tomorrow. I will love you tomorrow."

"I know... I know..."

"Even though I'm gone tomorrow... I will love you tomorrow."

"Don't say that."

"But if you won't and if you stop, I will understand."

"Lee, please. It's not gonna happen."

"I'm sorry. If I chose you that day... Do you remember it?"

He nodded. His neck is already so wet from his tears. He didn't know that the time she'll remember him will be the time that it will be most painful.

"Principal's office..." She said.

"I remember."

"If I didn't chase you back then, maybe you will not be in this position... If I can turn back time—"

"No, please no. If I can turn back time, let's not choose that path. I still to hope to meet you. And I will love you even before you love me... It's the only thing that I regret. That you loved me first. That you loved me far ahead before I realized I love you just the same. 'Yun lang. Pero ito. Kaya ko 'to. Hinding-hindi ko pagsisisihan ito."

Lee smiled.

"You tried your best." She said.

"I love you."

And it was the last smile before she spiralled back to stupor.

Odyssey just hugged her as they both witness the sunset and stayed there until sunrise.

Gustong-gusto niyang ibalik ang pagmamahal na binigay nito sa kanya.

But he knew all his life, kahit anong mangyari, he will never will. He will never match the kind of love she has given this world. Because Lee's love is already enough to make his world.

"I love you." He whispered as her hand fell.

And he knew she is forever in peace.

She will not be in pain anymore.

She will not suffer anymore.

And he also knew that he will still love her even tomorrow never comes.

*later*

Epilogue na lang.

EDIT 01/31/20: Salamat kay @pinkdust sa video, I replaced the original linked lyric video ng Write About Love to hers. Sobrang cute! Salamat sa effort huhu.