Chapter 2; It's Not a Date.

" 'When's your happy day?' I asked,
'When I get to see you smile' you replied."    By N. Joy

Ever wondered why we have 2 days for the weekend and 5 working days in a week??

Well, I have. A lot. Especially when my weekend passes by in a blur.

I don't hate Mondays or anything like that, I just felt really angry when I reminisced on my - mind you - very short weekend which even for an introvert like myself was really robotic.

I had a clean up Saturday and a nice picnic after service on Sunday. Same old, same old.

"Ken, you've got a call on line 2." came the voice of my assistant/best friend Olivia, through the intercom on my office desk.

I glanced down at my wristwatch and it was currently 12:30pm, meaning I get to leave for my lunch break in exactly half an hour. Please Lord, don't let it be an emergency... I silently prayed.

"Who's on Liv?" I asked.

"Some guy, says he's a friend by name Ethan Vincent. You have to tell me all about him after this." she said in one breath. I laughed.

Olivia and I had met on the first day of college. I'd been struggling to get to my dorm when I bumped into this blonde, incredibly sexy, bluish green-eyed girl who had a goth kind of look going, dressed in an all black ensemble consisting of a black knee-length strapped dress and black combat boots.

Let's just say my peach midi dress and sandals were no match for her.

Long story short, she helped me get to my dorm and unfortunately due to a mistake it'd already been filled with two occupants. With my nonexistent luck, there weren't any free dorms at all.

Struggling to find a compromise, Olivia offered to share her off campus apartment with me and also agreed to carpool till I got my own car.

I can proudly say, it worked for us considering she majored in management and I, medicine.

Seven plus years later, I officially considered us sisters, but don't tell Liv I said that.

Eventually she moved in with her boyfriend after graduation, while I moved to an apartment which luckily enough gave me access to both the hospital and the preschool.

"Kendra, you're doing it again. The call..." Voiced Olivia effectively taking me out of memory lane.

"Sorry Liv, put me through."

Who did she say was on?

"Wait, Liv! Who did you say is on?"

"A Mr. Vincent. Said he's a friend." I heard her say amidst the sound of fumbling papers.

"Oh.. yeah," I answered sheepishly

"Well Ken, I'll leave you to it. Got some files to find."

She'd already ended the call and connected me to line 2 before I could reply.

Ethan Vincent.

The guy I'd met in the restroom. Not an ideal meeting place though...

"Hello..." I began "Dr. Wilson speaking"

"Hey Wilson, remember me?" How couldn't I. His voice alone had me weak. Shit!

"Yes Mr Vincent, I do." I replied as unaffected as I could pretend to be.

"Let's drop the formalities, shall we? Call me Ethan."

"What do you need Vincent?" I snapped getting straight to the point.