Chapter 33; Afternoon After.

"The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time." By Abraham Lincoln 65.

I woke up to the smell of baked goods.

The curtains were still closed, so I turned over to glance at my bedside clock.

13:21

My eyes widened in shock, surprised I had slept that long.

I woke up, pushed the blanket away and stood up.

Bad idea because I fell right back onto the bed.

One thing was certain, Ethan wasn't bluffing last night.

I was thoroughly sore.

Painfully sore.

But the sweet kind of sore, I smiled.

Prepared for the pain which was to come, I tried standing again.

I succeeded this time, holding onto the headboard and wincing.

I let go of the headboard once I was sure, I wouldn't loose my balance.

Only now realizing I stood only in my birthday suit, I hurriedly grabbed the blanket from the bed.

Bad idea again because I took note of the dark red patch stain on my white sheets.

That was definitely blood.

I scrunched my nose and took off the sheets ignoring the stinging pain between my legs.

I placed the dirty sheets in the laundry basket and went ahead to take a warm and very needed shower.

The hot water helped loosen my muscles and I felt relieved.

I got dressed into a white cami top and some black tights.

I threw on a grey cardigan too because though the heaters were on, it was still cold.

Not bothering to put on anything else and tying my hair into a ponytail, I walked barefoot downstairs.

Well, I wasn't exactly walking, more like limping.

I limped into the kitchen to find Ethan checking on something in the oven.

I couldn't help the smile which made it's way onto my face.

I was truly happy.

"Were you trying to scare me? Because you're doing it all wrong." His voice echoed out.

I laughed.

"I wasn't trying to scare you." I limped until I managed to get myself seated on a stool.

He raised both eyebrows up, "do you have trouble walking? Looks like someone was busy throughout the night." He laughed at his own joke.

I scowled at him.

"This is all your fault."

"Me?! What did I do?" He feigned ignorance.

I simply scoffed and focused on all the delicious foods I could find.

There were pancakes, cookies, a cake and what looked like a pie in the oven.

There were also fruits well chopped in a fruit bowl and a jug of milk by the cookies.

I quickly licked my lips.

"Looks like Santa came late this year," I spoke with one eyebrow raised hinting at the uneaten cookies and milk.

He laughed and took out the pie from the oven.

"Yep, my Santa spent the entire night screaming her boyfriend's name that she only woke up the afternoon after." He said bluntly.

I blushed crimson. This man was terrible.

"Did I forget to mention you're glowing and you look totally delicious to me." He walked closer to me. "I say, we skip lunch and move on to dessert." He purred seductively.

I laughed. Really laughed, so much that my stomach hurt.

"I am so sore I'm scared if you touch me again, you'll split me in half." I told him honestly. "And I really want to eat that pie you just finished making." I placed a kiss on his lips and picked up a cookie.

"Fine." He grumbled and went on to set our breakfast/lunch on the counter.

He settled himself on a stool opposite mine and placed different items of food on my plate before placing his.

We ate in comfortable silence until he spoke again.

"Why didn't you tell me you're a virgin?"

I choked.

I coughed and wheezed while he was quick to get me a glass of water and pat my back all the while.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have mentioned it while eating." He apologized.

"It's okay. I'm sorry for not telling you."

"Let's just eat okay?" He smiled.

I nodded and went back to my food just as he did.

But I wasn't comfortable leaving his question unanswered.

"The day Luke found out I was a virgin, he became so obsessed with being my first, and when I wouldn't let him, it caused him to get... uhm... to get physical with me." I spoke.

He stilled and dropped his fork.

"Physical? What do you mean physical?" He looked straight into my eyes.

I wanted to deny everything and maybe tell a little white lie, but those silver orbs of his compelled me to tell him the truth.

"He hit me." I whispered.

Ethan was angry. Really angry.

"I need to make a very quick call and wish my dad a Merry Christmas. I'll be right back okay?" He placed a kiss on my forehead and made his way towards the stairs before turning back to look at me, "quick question, what is Luke's full name?" He asked.

My eyes widened at the implication.

I quickly stood up, bad idea because I wasn't prepared, I lost my balance and further amplified my pain.

Ethan was by my side in a flash, smirking.

"What's that smirk for?" I glared.

He shrugged, "I'm just appreciating my work."

I slapped his shoulder and got out of his hold.

"Let's just forget about Luke, he's been gone for so long already. I don't want to open that page again." I spoke gently.

I looked into his eyes and found him battling with himself.

I didn't give him enough time to think as I claimed his lips in a very much needed kiss.

"Okay." He responded once I pulled away.

Still on my tippy toes, I whispered into his ear, "promise?" I nibbled on his ear lobe.

He groaned and swiftly carried me up placing me on the counter and standing between my legs.

"Don't try to do that, you should already know I would do anything and everything for you." He placed a kiss on the side of my lips, then on my nose, my forehead and on my neck.

"I promise to not do anything drastic." He murmured against my neck.

"That's not what I asked." I whispered.

"I can't promise what you asked because I will find him." He stated.

"Ethan-" he shut me up with a beautiful kiss.

He tasted like the cake we'd just had and everything sinful.

Before I could comprehend anything else, Ethan had me screaming his name on the kitchen counter.

This should definitely be the right way to spend Christmas.

Hey lovelies...

Please VOTE and COMMENT.

Love Joy.