Chapter 38; Emily's Birthday.

"You think you know somebody well enough and then they just have to go ahead and do something which proves you wrong." By Ethan Veron.

ETHAN'S POV.

I quickly pushed Kendra behind me so I could shield her from her ex best friend.

Was that a thing? Ex best friend?

I did have a bad feeling about her before, I don't know why I didn't act on it.

"Well, well, well, aren't we enjoying the party?" She sneered.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Kenna dialing a number on her phone, I inwardly prayed it was the police because I couldn't find my phone.

My hope was short lived when Olivia brought out a gun and aimed it at Kenna.

"Drop. the. phone. You do not want to piss me off."

Kenna immediately dropped the phone causing her to erupt in a maniacal laughing fit.

"I better not see anyone else with a phone, or else..." She warned.

"Liv, what happened to you?" Mrs Wilson, or Emilia as she asked me to call her demanded.

"Hey there Mrs Wilson. Long time no see. You asked what happened to me? Well, your little miss perfect daughter happened to me." She spoke bitterly. "Where is she? Kendra!" She screamed.

I could feel Kendra shaking behind me, then, she forcefully stepped out of my hold to face Olivia.

"I'm here," she spoke boldly though she was probably trembling on the inside.

"Kendra! My best friend," she moved towards her as if to engulf her in a hug, but not before Kendra stepped away.

"Why are you doing this Olivia?" A tear rolled down her cheek as she spoke.

"Awnn... aren't I Liv anymore? Sis? Huh?" She slightly pouted before shouting at the end.

Now that I think of it, Olivia looked haggard, for lack of a better word. Her jeans were torn, he shirt was in the same condition and dirty as well.

Her hair had twigs in it and frankly, it resembled a bird's nest.

Her once chocolatey brown eyes shun with mischief at the same time they looked hollow.

She was standing before us as a woman who had nothing left to loose.

"Why Olivia? Why are you doing this? Why did you do it?" Kendra cried out.

It broke my heart to see her like this. I wanted to comfort her, hold her in my arms, but I felt powerless at the moment.

"Why?! You ask me why?!" She shrieked before laughing again.

"It's because of you Kendra. You, little miss perfect. Remember college, my foster parents abandoned me to fend for myself, but what did you do, you rubbed your fucking perfect parents in my face. You invited me to your fucking family gatherings as though I was some charity case." Emilia gasped  whereas Olivia simply scoffed and continued. "I was failing my courses, meanwhile you were on the fucking Dean's list. Straight A's and all that shit. You knew I was failing, I could barely make a D in any course, yet you came crying to me when you got your first B+, how fucked up was that, huh? How fucked up were you?" She spat, tears equally rolling down her face.

"Everyone, every single person on that fucking campus always compared me to you. Why can't you be more like your roommate? Why can't you be like Kendra? Kendra is so perfect, you're lucky she's your friend. They called me 'lucky' for knowing you as though you were some kind of god." She spoke with venom.