Chapter 11; It's Official.

"The heart wants what the heart wants." Anonymous (I think).

"Thank you." Ethan told me as I handed over his glass of water.

We were both seated at the kitchen island after he'd bravely introduced himself to Emily and succeeded in convincing her to clean up the living room while we made our way to the kitchen.

The guy even had a way with kids. I had never been able to get Emily to clean up after herself. I guess I should bring him around more often.

"You don't have to explain." He said smiling softly at me. We hadn't addressed the elephant in the room yet, it being the revelation that I had a daughter.

"But I should." I answered.

"You could, if you want to. I just want you to know, it doesn't make me think any less of you or change my feelings towards you." He looked at me like Liv looked at a rare diamond on sale. "Not even by a tiny bit." He concluded smiling again.

"If you keep smiling at me like that I won't be able to respond coherently." Great! That had to be the first thing out of my mouth. I could feel the heat creeping up my cheeks already. I'm positive I looked like a tomato already.

He laughed. You know the kind of laugh that makes you forget you just embarrassed yourself and join in, yeah, that kind of laugh. So contagious, and worry free.

We laughed our butts off for at least two or so minutes, we looked so ridiculous, well in my eyes anyway.

I finally spoke after we fell into silence again.

"I'm sorry, I'm very straightforward most times I think my brain didn't get the memo this time."

I looked at him just to find him holding back a laugh.

"I'm not that funny." I state.

That sobered him up. "Okay then. You were saying..." He said.

"Can I ask you a question?" I spoke again

"Ignoring the fact that you already did, go ahead." He smirked.

This guy really knew how to make me blush and be irked at the same time.

"A while ago, you were willing to try whatever this is. It makes me wonder why, you barely know me and for all we know this could just be a temporary physical attraction and a waste of time. I have a daughter and I can't risk a relationship which is unstable, that's why I let you meet her before you made up your mind." I took a deep breath before looking up at him again. I can't believe he's taller than me even when we're sitting down.

He was still smiling, that should be a good sign.

"I didn't get the question part in all what you said." He said chuckling.

"What?"

"You were to ask a question, key word being question," he emphasized "I didn't get that part."

Of course you ranted without getting to the point. Great job Ken. Really, I'm proud.

I couldn't help realize how sarcastic my thoughts were.

"I'm sorry. I meant to ask why you're interested in me?" I mumbled looking down at my hands which rested on the table.

Before I could say more, I felt his warm hands enclose mine causing my eyes to shoot up in his direction. I was already redder than a fire truck, so I gave up.

"I understand what you're worried about," he said softly which only made his voice sound even huskier.
"We're only strangers, I know, but I also know I can feel at ease around you, you make me laugh, you're independent and hard-working, you have a well groomed child which is a very difficult thing to find nowadays. What I'm trying to say is, I would be a tool if I let you go because I don't know every single detail about you. I know enough to make me stay. It's a bonus you're drop dead gorgeous, smart and kind enough to help a stranger in a restroom. It may be too soon but I like you Kendra Wilson and as I said before, I'd like to see where this goes." He finished.