Chapter 31; Christmas Eve.

"What's your favourite time of the year can you tell me? The one that never gets here fast enough..." by Austin $ Ally.

KENDRA'S POV.

"Kenna, it's okay. I totally understand." I spoke into the phone.

"No, it's not okay. You shouldn't be alone during Christmas. As much as I hate my family, I try to be here..." She sighed.

She was really getting worked up over the fact that I was spending Christmas alone.

My parents were in LA and my mom didn't think settling things over the phone was a good idea.

Liv had been MIA since our shopping spree. I doubt if she was aware that Emily passed...

And Ethan... Well, his phone had been switched off since I began calling to try and apologise.

I had thought of going to his house, but I didn't want to seem impulsive.

"Thank you Kenna. Really, I don't know what I would do without you." She had been by my side ever since I came back to my senses, as my mom kindly put it.

"I love you Ken. Do me a favour and at least go somewhere?" She sounded hopeful.

"And where would I go to? It's Christmas eve, everyone is with their family or their significant other." I sighed.

"Go for a walk, go grocery shopping, anything really. Just get out for sometime."

I thought about it for a while, she was right. And I had been wanting to buy gifts for everyone. I could go to the mall for some last minute gift shopping.

"You're right. Thanks Kenna."

"Oh great. I'm glad you listened."

I laughed.

"Okay, bye now. Do say hi to Russell's for me."

"So not happening." She chuckled. So did I.

"I know. Later."

"Bye Ken."

I plugged my phone in and and drowned myself in the tunes of Tatiana Manaois as I showered.

After a warm shower, I got dressed in a Christmas sweater Kenna had given to me two days ago, I paired it with thick leggings and boots.

I threw on my winter coat as I disconnected my phone  and walked out the door.

I hadn't replaced the car I ruined yet, so I settled for a cab.

It was terribly cold outside, the snow fell beautifully as well as turned my face red.

Thank God I had put on my gloves.

"Taxi!" I shouted.

None of the taxis I saw, bothered to stop.

It was already past 8pm and I was sure everyone was getting cozy in their homes while I was here, trying to get to the mall on Christmas eve night.

Pathetic. My subconscious imputed.

I know.

I tried calling taxis for another half hour and it proved futile.

I walked towards my front porch and sat on the stairs.

I watched the snow fall.

This was Emily's best holiday of the year. We always played in the snow.

I closed my eyes, and let the snow fall onto my face.

I prepared my hands as a makeshift basket to catch the falling snow.