Chapter 45; Ethan's POV.

"Change is not made without inconvenience, even from worst to better." By Richard Hooker.

ETHAN'S POV.

Today was another terrible day. No one seemed to know how to do anything right. This was the second deal I was losing so far.

What the hell was happening to me?

I had destroyed almost everything in my office already and nothing seemed to help.

I was angry.

No, livid.

Furious even.

Why?

Because of one woman.

Because she dipped her claws so deep into me, I couldn't pry her off.

"Arrghhh..." I yelled pulling my hair in both hands simultaneously turning around to look out my floor to ceiling windows.

I had one of the most beautiful views in the city, and yet, it did nothing for me.

Why did my life have to be complicated?

Why couldn't I have been normal, or maybe poor even?

This was sickening.

Terribly horrible.

This was-

"Son?!" I was startled by the voice of my father.

"How the hell did you get into my office?" I seethed.

Today just wasn't my day.

"I was the boss once remember," he glared at me as he took his seat, "Mind your language when you speak to me, young man."

I sighed and went ahead to slump in my seat.

"I'm sorry, now really isn't a good time." I took up a random file and began pretending to read through it.

"I heard." He stated.

"And.." I replied nonchalantly, flicking through papers I had no idea what they held.

"And Ethan," he screamed rising up and banging his fists on my desk, "I hope you're not planning on running my company down to the ground. This is the second deal you're losing."

I stood up to equally face him.

"That really is a good idea, dad," I spat, "Maybe if I do run this company down, I could actually start to live a normal life. I could maybe make actual friends, and maybe for once, I could have a decent relationship. This company, this Veron name, they're the cause of all my misfortune. No one wants Ethan, nobody wants just me, they all want something else. So, yes," I lowered my voice to a whisper, "I just maybe planning on running your company down to the ground."

I took deep breaths trying to calm myself.

Meanwhile, he just stood there, watching me, and for a brief second I thought I saw guilt flash in those similar eyes of his, but it was gone so fast, I doubted the possibility of it being a reality.

"This is about that girl, isn't it?" he spoke calmly.

"Think whatever you want. You may leave my office if that was all you came to discuss." I took my seat again.

"Son, I-I..." he trailed off.

He turned around and began to walk out, but he stopped once he reached the door and turned back to look at me.