Chapter 40; The Fiancée, Engaged?

"Do not take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive." By Elbert Hubbard.

ETHAN'S POV.

Since the night I'd walked out on Kendra, my life hadn't been the same.

I thought drowning myself in work was going to do the trick, so I worked.

Through day, through the night, I kept on working until I couldn't take it anymore.

For the past two days, I decided to sulk at home.

I hadn't given myself a chance to sit and think about what Kendra did to me.

It was funny how I spent my time running away from the people who wanted to use me, only to run into the arms of someone who did the same thing.

I sighed and took another glass of wine.

I wasn't planning on getting drunk now, no, that never helped anyone.

I hadn't spoken to Mark or anyone else connected to Kendra in the past week, and I was hoping for it to stay that way.

Before I could ponder more on that thought, I heard a knock on the door.

I sighed and grudgingly woke up from the very comfortable couch I was laying on.

Not bothering to check who was at the door, I opened.

I never realized how angry I was at Kendra, until she showed up at my doorstep.

What more could she possibly want?

I watched her squirm and turn a deep shade of red, yet it only made me wonder if this was also an act.

"H-Hi..." she trailed off.

I scoffed.

She wasn't going to fool me twice, even though she looked absolutely beautiful.

Those emerald eyes of hers, truly beautiful, and her lips...

I coughed to clear the path my thoughts were about to take.

"I am very sorry Ethan, I know my words mean nothing to you at this point, but please, I'm ready to do anything for you to forgive me. I-I'm so sorry..." she cried.

Tears pouring out from those emerald pools of hers only fuelling my anger more.

She used me.

It's only fair if I do same, isn't it??

With that thought in mind, I claimed her lips.

I poured out all my anger into that kiss, harshly biting her lips and torturing her.

If I was hurting her, she didn't complain.

So I went on to have my punishing way with her on my couch.

KENDRA'S POV.

I was sore.

Terribly sore.

My body hurt in ways I could never imagine.

Yet, I took everything he gave me, every punishing thrust, every hard kiss, everything, if it meant lessening the pain he felt.

As I watched him pull out of me, I noticed his still cold eyes and it broke my heart even more.

"Ethan, I love you. I do-"

"Get out." He spat just as I tried to explain myself.

I was beyond shocked.

"Ethan, pl-"