Chapter 47; I'm sorry.

"Sometimes, an apology is all it takes." By all those who have been hurt by someone else.

ETHAN'S POV.

I stood in front of the door.

This had to have been one of the worst decisions I had ever made in my life.

What in God's name was wrong with me?!

I needed to go back to my suite and think this through.

So, I did just that.

But, as I took my first step away, the door was pulled open.

The sight which I met was definitely not anticipated.

Kenna stood at the door, eyes wide and filled with tears. She looked paler compared to the last time I saw her and she had eye bags. Her eyes were both swollen and redder than a baboon's butt.

Okay, maybe not a baboon's butt, but you get the point.

Running after her was a sobbing Grace.

She seemed to be calling out for Kenna but stopped when she had sight of me.

First of all, why was Kenna in LA?

Second of all, why were they both crying, I mean did someone die?

And third of all, why did they both look like they had seen a ghost?

"Uhmm... Hi..." I trailed off awkwardly.

Is this what was considered a state of shock?

Because they both still had their mouths open and eyes as wide as saucers.

"I think I'll just take my leave now." I sighed and turned away from them.

This was a mess.

I was a mess.

Stupid me.

"What did you come to do here?" I heard Kenna struggle to say while taking deep breaths.

I paused and turned around again.

Good question!

What was I doing here??

"I uhm... Well... You see uh." I searched my already messed up mind for a good answer, but seeing as that wasn't going to happen, I decided to settle with the person who had me this way. "Kendra." I whispered.

I watched Grace's eyes soften whereas Kenna's hardened even more.

"What do you want with my sister?"

Kenna had never shown any signs of violence in the short time I had come to know her, so hearing her spit those words out with so much hatred behind them kind of destroyed what little hope I had left.

Also, is it just me or did she call Kendra her sister, and I don't think it was in the friendship kind of way?

"I actually just wanted to speak to her, but I changed my mind, so I'll just get out of your hair now." I told them and began walking away again.

"Would you just quit being a coward already?!" Kenna screamed. "If you weren't so scared to tell her the truth in the first place, we wouldn't be here right now, I wouldn't be crying my eyes out and beating myself up for not being there for my sister when she needed me, and my family wouldn't be MOURNING right now!!" she continued screaming so loud I was scared for her.

As much as I wanted to understand her, I was lost and quite frankly confused.

What does her family mourning have to do with Kendra?