Chapter 3; Emily.

"You're my little bundle of joy."
By Anonymous.

"What and who in the name of all things fine was that?" Came Liv's hushed voice again seeing as I hadn't replied the first time she asked.

"Liv, that was no one." I transferred the dress bag to my other hand before continuing, "shouldn't you be with Dan or something?" I shifted from one foot to the other.

"Well, since you asked, I was on my way to wait for Dan outside the parking lot before I saw Mr Hunky get into his car leaving you a speechless staring mess." She was smiling like a moron before she frowned as though realization had just dawned upon her.
"I didn't see his face, but from the back, he looked mighty fine." She winked.

My best friend sure as hell knew how to pry answers from me. She knew me like a book.

"Gosh Liv! He's just a guy I helped last week. See," I motioned to the dressing bag in my hand.

She quirked up a perfectly carved eyebrow as if telling to spill it all.

"Ugh! And he may or may not have asked me to go for coffee to show his appreciation." I added hurriedly

"And what did you say?"

" I may or may not have said yes."

"Hmhm. So, where does this coffee thingy happen?"

Oh! I paused. We didn't exactly discuss such details. How do I tell her without seeming pathetic?

Meanwhile, judging by the panicked expression on my face she probably already guessed that.

He did say he'll pick me up though I'm not gonna tell Liv that. It's for his own good, I swear.

"Is he the guy who called?" She asked.

"Yes,"

"Well I'm guessing he'll inform you with another call." She said automatically placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I can't believe you're finally going on a date. Good riddance, my best friend's gonna snag up some fine piece of meat for herself" she squealed.

"Who's snagging up meat?" Said a familiar light hearted voice

"Dan!!" Screamed Liv and I in unison as she literally jumped the poor guy and kissed him right in my presence.

That's Liv for you.

I am not a prude, but PDA certainly isn't on my To-do list.

Dan gently put her down and came on to me for a bear hug.

"Hey there Kenny Koala." he grinned.

"Danny boo.." I laughed whilst still in his embrace.

We got these stupid names a year ago at the carnival. As usual, I was third wheeling. Again!

In one of the many stands, I'd won a Koala which Liv had taken a liking to.

There wasn't another for Dan to win for her so, he'd bribed me with loads, and I mean loads of strawberry ice cream in exchange for the Koala.

Of course as the good friend I am, I offered Liv my Koala in exchange for the ice cream hence, my nickname.

Dan's had just been a way for me to embarrass him in front of his colleagues we'd bumped into.

Over time, we both found it cute.

He released me from the hug.

"So Kenny, who're you snagging?" He asked