Chapter 14; Loss.

"You never really get over the fact that you're loved one is never coming back after they die, you learn to live alongside that little bit of knowledge... Until you join them too." By N. J

I sighed and stepped out of the car looking over the place I was about to go in to.

It was an especially windy day.

This place never held Joy for anyone and always had that unwelcoming feel about it.

I crossed the road and walked the short distance that brought me to the old rusted gate.

I quickly glanced at the words inscribed above the gate.

St. Matthews Cemetery.

I quickly adjusted the pink roses I held in my hands. They were her favorite.

I took in some air as though gathering the courage, fidgeted with my black overall before eventually deciding to step in.

I knew the way by heart. My legs didn't need to be told where to go, they'd developed a mind of their own.

After a very short terrifying walk, my feet stopped on their own accord.

I felt my heart grow heavy and a lump form in my throat.

It was crazy how even the weather agreed with my mood.

It thundered like crazy with the promise of rain in the summer, but I didn't mind. No. I had to see her.

After looking at the head stone for exactly ten minutes and fighting back the tears, I finally fell to my knees.

The flowers I had once held preciously were now carelessly thrown about as I flung myself around what held her remains.

I hadn't even know her long. I loved her like family even though she wasn't.

How had I gotten so attached in such a short while.

A strong wind blew across, rattling all the trees as though it tried to wake the dead.

Thunders scattered across the skies and it became dark.

Before I knew it, my tears were being mixed with the rain.

I hadn't said a word since I arrived and believe me it wasn't for lack of words.

I had a lot to say to her. But standing here, I couldn't help the memories that crawled their way into my mind.

Her bluish green eyes that sparkled when she smiled.

Her beautiful black hair like mine which often made everyone believe we were related.

She was gone and couldn't answer all the questions I wanted to ask.

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't hear the frantic calling of my name nor the rushing of feet.

It was only when warm hands surrounded me did I realize the rain no longer touched me.

Of course I knew who it was, and it didn't help that his presence only caused me to breakdown more.

I sobbed and sobbed then I stopped but not before sobbing some more.

The rain was falling on me again, which meant Ethan had let go of his umbrella.

"Ethan..." I tried to call in my broken voice.

"Sshh... I'm right here, it's okay. It will be okay."

He was seated on the floor behind me and he brought my back in direct contact with his chest and buried his face in my neck while his arms held me tightly to him.