Chapter 12; Dad!

"A girl's first love, her dad." By Ndalle Joy.

It's been three days since I decided to revenge my unrequited kiss. Yes! That was what I called it.

I clearly wanted to be kissed and he didn't feel the same way. A girl's gotta do what she's gotta do.

I've been staring aimlessly at ultrasounds for the past three hours trying to think of a way to get back at the devilishly handsome stranger I've become acquainted with.

"Want to tell me what's up?" I was startled when Liv spoke up already getting seated. I didn't even notice the door opening.

"How long have you been in here?" I motioned to my office using my hands.

"Long enough to know you're bothered about something." She frowned. "You can tell me what's up you know, you've been acting all weird since Monday. Is this about Emily again?"

"No." I sighed. I laid down my head on both hands which were rested on the table before bringing my head up again with a resolve to tell her everything.

"Wow..." Was Liv's response after I'd finished explaining what happened on Sunday night.

We were currently seated on the bed which I examined my patients on. I was laying down while Liv sat beside me like a dotting mother or better still, a therapist.

"Yeah, he has that wow factor about him..." I murmured which made Liv chuckle.

"I know what's going on here..." Liv said with a secretive smile hinting she knew something I didn't.

"Do tell me O Great One..." I rolled my eyes causing her to smirk and flick her hair.

"Be patient my child, flattery will get you nowhere." She stated in a terrible British accent.

I scoffed. "Shut up and tell me already." I was now seated upright on the bed, I needed her help.

"Okay, fine. It's simple really." She smiled deviously signalling I would be recoiling by the time she would have said what was in that naughty head of hers.

"Liv..." I whined

"You're frustrated Ken. Sexual frustration, it's pretty normal if he's as hot as you described. You just need to get laid. Simple." She concluded as though she'd just explained why school was important to a 5 year old.

She seemed pretty satisfied with her achievement.

"I don't know why I even try with you..." I mumbled.

"Remind me again, why I've never met this guy Ken, for fuck's sake you're hung up on him and you even introduced him to Em." She paused before frowning again "that's a giant step you took without informing your best friend you know..."

I never really realized how I'd left Liv out of this relationship or whatever Ethan and I had going on. She was my best friend/sister.

"I'm sorry Liv, I..."

"It's okay Ken. You don't need to explain, I understand. It's just, ever since Luke, your life revolves around Em, I get it. I just don't want you getting hurt. You've barely known the guy for a week and you're already in a sort of relationship with him based on physical attraction." She smiled
"I know I always said you should live a little, but I don't want you hurt. I already let Luke hurt you once, I can't bare to see that happen again."

"I understand Liv." I got up to pull her into a side hug. "You're just being protective and I'm glad but he's a good person Liv... You'll like him." I stated firmly.

We both chuckled before she spoke up again.

"Okay then. Now," she smiled mischievously "I know a great way to get revenge."

"I hope it isn't something cringe worthy..." I really hoped.

"There there my child, a little temptation never hurt anyone..."

Oh no!...

And that guys is how I found myself standing in front of a shell shocked Ethan at my doorway as he took in the sight of me all dressed up in a very tempting red summer dress ending around mid thigh with a very very tempting neckline and a dolled up face courtesy of Liv.

I had yet to put on the sandals I'd chosen, but so far I'd say my plan was on the right track.

"Good morning,"I said sweetly, leaning in for a kiss and deftly placing one on his right cheek making sure he had a good view of what laid under the neckline of the dress.

I didn't know I had a seductress hidden in me really, Liv truly was the best.

Ethan had visibly gone pale and it took everything within me not to laugh. Instead, I faked concern...

"Ethan, are you okay? You don't look too well. We could cancel if it's n..."

"No," he stated abruptly before swiftly clearing his throat.

"I mean I'm fine, no need to cancel." His eyes raked over my figure once again and I could see desire in those grey pools of his... His eyes almost held a canny resemblance to silver. They held my emerald orbs captive and I started to wonder who was actually seducing whom?

"You look beautiful, cara mia." He said while taking my right hand in both of his and placing a lingering kiss on the back of it.

If that endearment didn't already have my heart beating going at a skyrocketing speed, I swear that kiss left me all tingly inside.

His lips were just the right amount of soft and firm. Warm and cold. Those seductive lips of his...

He had greatly decreased the distance between us since I'd been distracted by those lips of his... The same lips I didn't realize were extremely close to mine I could practically feel his warm breath on mine.

I knew what was coming next... He was going to kiss me...

You didn't think my revenge ended at seducing him did you? Oh no! It's about him seeing what he could have but can't have. You get it?

Which is why just as he made the final move to plant his lips on mine, I angled my head to the left and shouted.

"Emily, Uncle handsome is here. We're going to be late sweetheart, hurry up."

The expression on his face was priceless. He cursed for the whole period of time it took Emily to come meet us at the doorway.

"Uncle handsome..." Emily screamed running into his arms.

"Are you ready to see Elsa?" He asked her excitedly while spinning her around causing her to erupt in a fit of giggles.

"Yes!" She shouted.

We were almost about entering into his car, when suddenly a very familiar car stopped and a very familiar man I knew by heart stepped out.

I froze mid step causing both Ethan and Emily to stare at me in confusion. Two pairs of eyes followed my line of sight and a tiny gasp was heard from my Emily.

I didn't register when my feet had begun moving but I only realized myself when I was in his arms relishing in the comfort I'd always run to throughout my life.

I didn't realize I'd missed him this much.

I kept on hugging him tightly till he did the unexpected to pinch my arm.

"Ouch! Dad!" I screamed while he burst out laughing and holding his hands out for a very excited Emily.

I was laughing as I watched him fuss over his granddaughter. It'd escaped my mind there was a third party who definitely wasn't ready for a 'meet the parents' scenario...

Well, now that it was inevitable, Ethan had to meet my dad.

Pray for us...

Another update guys. Please remember to vote.

Much love... Joy