Chapter 41; The Therapist(Part 2); Find your Parents.

"Most of our social problems are as a result of miscommunication." We all know this...

ETHAN'S POV.

It's been two weeks since Kendra walked out of my house.

Two weeks since I last had a proper night's sleep.

Two weeks since my conscious was hell bent on focusing on her tear filled emerald eyes.

Two weeks since I used her.

Isn't that funny?

What I detested most, I did to her.

And, what she detested most, she did to me.

We were toxic for each other.

Clearly, we brought out the worst in each other.

"Mr. Veron, your father is on line 1." Came the voice of my PA, Carmine, through the office intercom.

"Sure." I mumbled.

If I was being honest with myself, I didn't want to speak to him yet.

Having the whole Kendra thing on my plate had really worked me out that I barely had time to be focusing on my other relationships.

Especially not after what had happened in Greece.

"Son," he spoke curtly.

"Dad," I matched his tone.

"Your mother would like to speak to you." And before I had a chance to retaliate, he passed the phone over.

"Ethan,"

"Nancy," I wasn't in the mood for this.

"You wouldn't believe who I saw today," she gushed excitedly.

"Look Nancy, can we resume this conversation when I get home, I have lots of work to do, so if it isn't something imp-"

"Ava!" She exclaimed. "I saw Ava today." She went on not caring how disinterested I was.

"Ava?"

"Yes Ethan. Ava..." she paused before sighing, "the beautiful young lady I invited over when we were in Greece?"

"Yeah I remember that, I also remember distinctly how you insinuated I was an attention seeker, and how you not so subtly implied that I was ruining your marriage.  Yeah... I think I remember..." I let my tone drop with acid.

She sighed, "since you're clearly not mature enough to address the issue, I'll let that pass. Anyway, I gave your contacts and office address to Ava, the girl is new in New York and I thought you could help her find what she was looking for."

"Nancy, I am a busy man. I don't have time for-"

"This once... Just this once Ethan. She's trying..." my dad spoke before quickly disconnecting the call.

This once?

How could he say that.

For over fifteen years, I've watched Nancy use my dad.

Watched him do everything to please her.

And now he wants to include me?!

Why were women like this?

First Nancy, now Kendra...

Is this some kind of curse in my family?

In my anger, I pushed away everything on my table till they landed on the floor with a thud.