Chapter 39; Meet the CEO.

KENDRA'S POV.

I ended up crying my eyes out on the front porch as he drove off.

I had hurt him immensely, he had every right to be angry with me.

I was angry at myself.

Angry that I used him in such a terrible way.

Angry that I trusted Olivia so much that I told her everything, yet she sold me out as though it was nothing.

Angry that I may have possibly just lost the only man who loved me selflessly.

As I sat on my porch and cried, I couldn't help think of everything I'd just lost.

I was so deep in thought, I didn't realize someone stood in front of me.

He cleared his throat, and I thought maybe, just maybe, Ethan decided to give me another chance.

But as I looked up, I met the cold and disappointed eyes of Marc Devin.

Ethan's best friend.

He probably hated me just as much now.

"May I have a seat?" He asked politely, yet the anger in that little sentence was very evident.

Did he want to rub it in how much of a bad person I was?

Did he want to judge me?

I was so confused, I ended up not answering and he eventually took a seat.

"What you did was terrible." He begun, "All his life, Ethan barely had friends. When he tried, they always wanted something from him in return. I must admit, when he told me about you, you seemed like a breath of fresh air. You didn't treat him like a god, you didn't see him the way the world saw Ethan Veron." He sighed.

"Ethan is in love with you. I am so very sure of that. When you shunned him during the period of Emily's death, I watched him break, but today," he sighed again, "today he was destroyed."

"You know, his last girl friend, Natasha, she only wanted his money and his companies. She was the first to break Ethan. He became apprehensive of love since then. But, when he met you, I watched him let go and he gave you all of himself."

"I know he was wrong for keeping his identity away, for lying to you, but you have to understand people like Ethan. They're vulnerable. His world isn't like yours and unless you're in it, you wouldn't understand. He may have been dishonest about who he was, but there wasn't a moment where he didn't mean anything he did."

"You made some very terrible decisions which have hurt my best friend, but I don't want to think you're a terrible person. I've been in your shoes before," he paused, "Believe me when I say he's worth fighting for. Sort yourself out first, then go after him. Don't let him go." He stood up.

"What if he already let me go?" I croaked.

He looked down at me again, eyes still hard and angry.

"If you love him, you won't let him." As he finished, Jennifer walked out with a sleeping Lily in her arms.

She barely spared me glance, before asking Marc if they could leave.

I watched them leave and decided to go inside.

Once I stepped into the living room, my eyes connected with that of my mom.

In less than a minute, her palm connected with my left cheek throwing my head to the side.

"Emilia!" My dad yelled, holding her back.

Tears freely flowing down her beautiful face, she let her disappointment show.