Chapter 10; Meet Emily.

"Die single but never beg for love." By Anonymous

KENDRA'S POV.
Emily and I had just been ready to get into the car when we were stopped by the Pastor after Service.

"Kendra, I heard what happened to Emily and I just wanted to let you know that the church is here. We're a family." Pastor Louis told me.

I looked down at Emily who wasn't paying the least bit attention to what we were saying but rather looking at the other kids playing around.

It hurt my heart that she couldn't join them but her health was of more importance.

I didn't realize a traitorous tear had slipped until Pastor Louis spoke again.

"It's gonna be okay, Kendra. Remember, God is watching over both you and Emily." He smiled.

"Thank you Pastor." I wiped the tear away. "The service was great by the way. Emily really enjoyed it."

"It's my job. Enjoy your Sunday dear and take care of Emily." Those were his parting words before pecking Emily's cheek and ushering her into her car seat.

Throughout the drive home, I couldn't help but ponder over Pastor Louis' words. If God was watching over us, why'd he let an angel like Emily suffer and why'd he take Belinda away.

"Mommy, can I have ice cream when we get home?" Said Emily interrupting my train of thoughts.

"Sure honey but only after you've eaten your lunch." I finished saying just as we got into the driveway.

"Promise." She chuckled while I helped her out of her car seat.

"Good. Now how about a movie before lunch?" I asked

Her smile was a good enough answer for me.

"Great. Come on, Princess Sophia the first isn't going to wait all day." I told her effectively increasing her pace to get there.

I smiled as I watched her go. I needed to make a decision fast. But for now, homeschool starts tomorrow.

~~~

I turned around to check the time and it was already 4:30pm.

I'd been on the phone with Liv for an hour now since Emily had been out like a light immediately after our ice cream.

The doctors did say she would be weak most times, so it didn't raise any alarms so far.

I'd been ranting about the options Kenna and the other doctors had suggested with Liv and I didn't realize time had passed so fast.

Ethan was to pick me up at 6pm to meet the chef that had prepared our dinner on Friday. I barely had time to get ready now.

"Ken, I suggest you discuss in better details the heart transplant options with Kenna and the other specialists. It seems the best way to go about this." Liv's voice rang loud in the space of my room.

I sighed.

I didn't want my baby going through a heart transplant, but everyone had said it seemed best.

My parents were still contemplating on all options but they seemed to talk about the transplant more.

"Liv, I'll speak to Kenna about it." She screamed. "Not tomorrow, but maybe sometime soon. I want Emily to fall back into routine before I remind her of her health issues again." I added.

"I'm glad you're considering it Ken. You know I only want the best for Em."

"I know Liv and I love you for that."