Chapter 32; For real this time...

"Does anyone know the exact moment they fall in love with someone?" I have no idea.

Ethan brought the cup of tea he'd promised and settled down beside me.

"Mmmh... did you add honey?" I asked him as I took a sip.

"Yep," he threw his arm over my shoulder. "Sweeten up things a little bit..." he trailed off.

I smiled and focused on the movie.

Half way through the movie, I begun to feel terribly hot.

I'd just drank a very hot cup of tea and Ethan had switched on the heating system.

With that thought in mind, I shifted out of Ethan's arms and took off my Christmas sweater.

Thankfully I had a tank top underneath, so I wasn't too bothered about my state of undress.

"I just remembered something." He said out of the blues as I settled into his arms again.

He stood up and walked to the door, where we'd abandoned his duffel bag.

He searched through it and took out a black gift bag.

He then turned and marched towards me.

One thing was definitely sure, he had my full attention.

He looked straight into my eyes as walked over and finally settled into his previous seat.

"I got you a little something." He handed over the bag.

I was speechless. And, maybe a little too emotional.

"You really didn't have to... I didn't even get you anything, I couldn't hail a cab for Christ's sake..." I murmured.

"Just open it." He said as he wiped a tear away.

I obeyed his instruction without a second to waste and found a purple velvet box inside the gift bag.

I took out the box and was stunned to silence as I took in what lay inside upon opening.

Inside were the most beautiful pair of earrings I had ever laid eyes on.

They were emerald tear drop earrings.

They must have cost him a lot

"When I saw them, I could only think of how beautiful your eyes are. Especially when they're full of happiness. I always want to see you happy." He spoke before I could.

My tears couldn't be stopped now. I was full on crying.

Had he always been this lovable??

I really don't deserve this, not after everything I've done.

"Don't think, just feel... When you think a lot, you forget to feel. I've been doing a lot of thinking and now that I have you in my arms," he whispered a breath away from me "I only want to feel." He finished.