Chapter 15; Lie.

"You tell just one lie, then you have to tell another to cover up the first, and another and another, until you're a full blown self made liar." (It's common knowledge.)

ETHAN'S POV.

I successfully managed to get Kendra out of her wet clothes and had her make her way back to Emily.

I'd stopped to get us some food from the cafeteria and let me tell you, it wasn't an easy thing.

After stepping into the lobby of the hospital, I realized the sunglasses drew more attention than what I'd initially planned.

Judging by the paparazzi I saw out front, someone had definitely leaked the news of me being here.

I sighed and made my way to the private floor which Emily was on. Walking towards her room, I stopped when I heard voices and met the door slightly opened.

Eavesdropping wasn't a habit of mine, but for said case I'd make an exception.

"Liv, stop." I instantly knew that voice. I had her voice memorized by heart.

"Come on Ken, please, please..." This voice was new, but judging from what Kendra said earlier, it was Olivia, her best friend whom I hadn't met.

I'd spoken to her once over the phone when Kendra took a leave on the supposed day of our coffee date and she seemed nice enough, but I had an irking feeling about her.

"I said no. Liv." Kendra sighed.

"Ken, your boyfriend works in the same building as Ethan fucking Veron. Ethan Veron is in this building right now and all I'm asking is for you to tell your boyfriend to introduce me to him. Such a tiny thing Ken..."

"First of all, he isn't my boyfriend -"

"Yet," Olivia interrupted.

"Secondly, Dan would commit murder if he so much as heard you were ogling someone else."

I heard a huff and footsteps coming towards my way. I settled myself looking at the charts at the corner in order to conceal my face.

"Fine. But just so you know, you're depriving your best friend of seeing one of the most handsome men that have ever lived. God! You need to see this guy, he's God's gift to the female population." Olivia was already by the door now.

"I've seen better and you, missy have a boyfriend."

"Whatever. I'm going back to work." She said and left in the opposite direction from which I came.

Checking if the coast was clear, I arranged the takeout I had in my hands alongside some fruits before entering the room.

"Hey," I said and placed a kiss on her forehead. She was sitting down by Emily who was asleep.

"Hey, you just missed Liv. I really wanted you to meet her." She looked tired and drained and I was starting to see the effect this last week has had on her.

"Me too. I guess another day," lie.

"Yeah." She sighed.

I arranged the food and handed over a packet to her.

Personally I would have loved to cook for her but I preferred spending that time here with her.

"I finally signed the transplant forms. They're now looking for a suitable heart, I think." She said out of nowhere midway through her food.

"Wow, I'm glad." I accessed her face then softened my voice. "You made the right decision. Emily would be fine."

She then attacked me in a hug which I gladly welcomed.