Part 1: WHAT?!

Growing up I always knew I would move out at a young age, but when the time began to draw nearer and nearer, I hadn't given it enough thought. After I had graduated high school, I found a small job with a nearby real estate company, and continued living just like I had before. I continued to sell my photography, while I watched my sister finish out her high school years. Right around the age of 5, my family moved to Ohio. Ever since then we have been neighbors with the Fishbach family. After a while, our families instantly became close and Mark became an older brother to me. When 2014 was nearing an end, mark announced that he was moving to California. Our family was reluctant but we had a bittersweet farewell. After only three years of being out of high school, I received a very important phone call. Me and mark had been talking a lot recently, but I had never imagined our friendship would result in a career for me. It was a snowy December Saturday. It about eleven AM and I was making myself some brunch. My sister was upstairs and I was alone in the basement as usual. I had just taken a bite of my toast when my phone began to ring. I quickly reached for it, realizing my mom was still sleeping. With my mouth full, I stuttered into the phone,

"Hello?"

Mark answered me with a chuckle, "Is that you y/n?"

I swallowed my food and stood up from my seat. "Yeah sorry," I sighed awkwardly.

"Do you have a minute to talk? I have an important question to ask you..." There was slight uneasiness in his voice but I replied calmly.

"Yes I am not doing anything." He sighed and I could sense he was pacing somewhere. I began to do the same as I walked back and forth across my kitchen floor, trying to make as little noise as possible. Was this a bad thing or a good thing? I couldn't quite tell yet.

"So you are majoring in interior design right, and you are also a photographer, am I correct?"

"Yes I am," I nodded my head and began to fidget with my ring.

"So you know how to work cameras well?"

I stopped in my tracks and nodded once more to myself, "Yeah I guess I know how they work pretty well."

"Ok here comes the big one..." I could hear Mark mutter on the other side of the phone. "Would you consider moving to LA to join my team? I need all the help I can get. Also my friend said their real estate company is hiring interior designers so if you need the extra money..."

I nearly threw my phone across the room in excitement, I had so many questions. I gasped so loudly I wondered if the whole house could hear me. I could hear Mark chuckle through the phone. Realizing I hadn't given Mark an answer, I lifted the phone back to my face and replied in almost a shout, "You want ME?"

He continued to laugh, "Of course I want you, you are one of my best friends, and I know that you have been trying to find a place of your own. I just bought a large house, and there is an extra room upstairs. I know it's not much but maybe you could find your own place soon... I am so excited for you to meet everyone." I was now frozen stiff and I felt as though I might explode.

I spent almost the next hour discussing with Mark all of the details of my move. We then concluded I would bring my sister along as a Graphic Designer, and how the expenses would work out. I spent the rest of the day explaining everything to my parents and surprising my sister, she nearly screamed with excitement. Me and my parents concluded we would move out in a month, just after Christmas. Even though I was nervous about leaving, I was more ready than anything. I had been waiting for an opportunity like this. 

(Hey guys this is my first story let me know what you think...)