Part 26: comfort

Ethan lifted me back up and I stood there, embarrassed and blushing. Now the whole world knew, but especially my close friends and family. I giggled uncontrollably and hid my face from the camera, burying it into Ethan's chest. My heart racing as I replayed the last few seconds in my mind over and over. 

The entire stream had been thrown off course and everyone was freaking out. I could almost hear the chat screaming in my face.

Mark interrupted the chaos with a comment, "well that just happened."
We all began to laugh and I summed up the courage to pull my face away from Ethan, placing my hands down on the table for support.

"c-can I get some water?" I asked All while the group was still Laughing. "really Ethan, now I'm gonna get sick!" I laughed while Amy tossed me a water bottle. Not that I cared, kissing Ethan was worth it. 

"Sorry!" Ethan said as he shrugged and I could tell he regretted nothing.

"well, do we even need to judge the cookies anymore?" Mark asked; we all laughed. "Cuz I don't know how to compete with that excitement."

Amy did end up judging the cookies and deemed me and my sister the ultimate winners. Afterward, I left the room and headed out into the hall where I sat down on the floor.

My face was still bright red and I felt as though everyone was staring at me still. Mark was reading some of the comments out loud and oh boy they were a handful. The fans were screaming about us. Ethan walked over to where I was sitting and sat down beside me.

"h-hey I'm really sorry I didn't mean to-" Ethan started to speak as the sound of my sniffing cut him off. 

At first, I think Ethan assumed the sniffing was because I had caught his cold, but after I looked up at him, his face dropped.

"W-whats wrong?" He said, sitting down to grab my shoulders. I tried not to cry but it was hard. "I didn't mean to embarrass you I'm sorry I-"

"I'm just scared," I whispered through tears, cutting Ethan off mid-sentence. Ethan looked at me confused, but he placed a comforting smile on his face. His green eyes were dripping with compassion and my body continued to shiver from his warm hands. I could see his stuffy nose and sweaty forehead. He was sick and had a long day already, yet he looked ready to help me with anything I needed. 

"scared of what?" Ethan asked, a nervous look placed upon his face. He sat there eagerly awaiting my answer, taking sniffs.

I paused in between cries and wiped my face.

"I'm scared that everybody won't like me," I said bursting into tears once more. "What if now that everyone knows you realize it's a bad idea and leave me?" Ethan let out a stifled breath and almost sounded like he swore quietly. He wrapped his arms around me and I felt his warm body press up against mine. I felt safe, I felt loved, even though I was scared for what was to come.

"I know that they'll love you but-" Ethan stopped for a moment, pushing me back to look me in the eyes. "it doesn't matter how they feel about you y/n. I love you."

I stopped crying and pulled Ethan into me. "I love you too..." I whispered, my tear-stained face sinking into his chest. I could feel his heartbeat. I wanted to stay in this position for as long as I could, Ethan pushed me away slightly once again and wiped a tear that slid down my cheek. He smiled softly as his eyes looked up and down my face. "All better now?" He asked before giving me a soft kiss on my forehead. I nodded and nuzzled my face into his chest once more. "All better," I whispered. 

(I'm back LMAO, thanks for the support! Sorry it's really short)