8 - It was not her fault, she was not at fault. I loved her and you killed her

Sam's Pov

We walked to our table and got our food. Jess looked across the cafeteria before frowning at her food. "What's wrong babe?" Brendan asked her concerned.

"Did she not say that she was feeling hungry?" she asked confused. He looked around only to realize that she was nowhere to be found. I guess she isn't going to eat food today too. I surprised myself when I realized that I was actually worried about her. 

Samson Bennett is worried about a total stranger? Who would've thought. 

 A total stranger who reminds him of his twin sister. The sane part of my mind reminded me.

I looked towards Louis to find him in deep though. If she reminds me of Char, does he think the same thing about her too? I don't think so. But I am pretty sure Louis knows a great deal about Shaden than anyone at this table. I can just see through him.

Last night was the first time in months I heard him speaking about his feelings. Not regarding Char, just feelings in general. He mentioned that he is concerned about Shaden and openly told me that he can't share those concerns because they are her secrets. Louis never hid anything from me. So if he is actually bothering to stop me from knowing certain things for certain someone, it does mean a lot to him. One good thing out of all this is, he is allowing himself to feel something and he is not treating me like a fragile glass. He is allowing himself to express himself in front of me. Again. Just like before the accident. 

 I silently ate my pizza and found Casey throwing glances at me every now and then probably wondering why I wasn't disturbing her today. But thinking about that night always put a damper on my mood. Not that anyone could blame me. It was pretty traumatic for me. Maybe this is why i somehow found myself caring for Shaden. She might not tell anyone, but I know the look in her eyes. It was the same one I wore for almost two years.

After lunch, I walked to the next class dejectedly, not feeling like attending the class but also in a need to know what Shaden is onto. I felt someone nudging me and turned towards my right to find Casey looking up at me concerned.

"What's up?" she asked trying to act nonchalant. I smirked at her.

"Are you worried about me Cass?" I asked trying to control the huge smile that's coming onto my face.

"Yes whacko. I still need you to teach me how to pitch perfectly." She said giving me a fake smile and just like that we were back to our usual banter eventually lifting up my moods. We walked towards our bench and continued speaking about the upcoming match. We only stopped speaking when Jessica called out to Shaden.

"Hey girl, where have you been? You weren't there for lunch." She asked.

"I walked in half an hour after I left you. I had to go speak to Physics sir." She said with a shrug. I couldn't help but notice that something was different about her from the last time we saw her in the ground. Other than the scarf she tied around her head that is.

"Physics sir? Who calls teachers like that anymore?" Haru asked exaggerated.

"Screw me for studying in India all my life. That's how we address our teachers there." She said looking at Haru to which he raised his hands up in defense.

"What did you speak to him about anyway?" Brendan asked her.

She winced at that question. "I just wanted to apologize to him about my behavior." She said scrunching her face. We laughed at her expression.

"But it was hilarious to find him so frustrated." Jordan said laughing lightly.

"You look different." Louis pointed out. She winced again. "Wait, what happened to your hair?" he asked with furrowed eyes.