28 - Woah Woah! Wait right there, you green looking Jealousy monster

Louis's Pov

No no no! This can't be happening. This can't happen now. This can't happen again. I felt my vision blurring because of the tears that were welling in my eyes.

No Louis! Don't get distracted and concentrate on untying yourself and save Shaden before that asshole does something else.

I willed the tears away and tried to get rid of the already loosened knot. Shaden discreetly tried to untie the rope around my hand and she made it loose enough for me to help myself.

That monster was hunched over her, hugging her tightly and crying loud and mindlessly. He was hurting her more by holding her that tight. Could he be the same guy who kidnapped her when she was young?

Everything that happened in the last two days looked like a dream. Shaden and Cam's family came over to my place to celebrate New Year. It was one of the most memorable times of my life.

Then today I took her to a planetarium and a space station and listened to her as she explained everything to me with one big excited smile. It was beautiful. Everything was beautiful until I got a call from Jake.

He wanted to speak to Shaden and I didn't know what they were speaking back then but she asked me to drop her right there and requested me to look after her brother before she took off.

We had another more hour before the Bennett's family reached here. I felt uneasy and I immediately turned the car around to meet her. I shouldn't have come so late, I should have been able to defend myself, I should have called the cops beforehand, and I should have tried to be more discreet while sending an SOS from my smart-watch. God! I am so useless and now because of me Shaden is hurt. I can never save the people I love.

Everything was in slow motion when it happened. One second that sick man was yelling at me and the next second a dagger was flying towards me. I closed my eyes and I was prepared to face the pain. Everything flashed in front of my eyes. Leo, Mom, Dad, Tia, Sam, Char, Shaden. Oh Shit! Shaden, I didn't even tell her that I love her.

When I heard the knife hit a body, I surprisingly didn't feel any pain. I felt a body slump against my chest. I opened my eyes to find Shaden's back pressed against my chest. I heard the man curse loudly before he rushed towards her and pulled her away from me.

My mouth went dry when I realized what actually happened. Shaden took the knife. She took the knife for me.

I started struggling against the rope while yelling at him but he gave me no mind as he held her against his chest and started rocking her back and forth while crying loudly. He kept speaking something again and again in Hindi and his loud cries echoed through the walls. I immediately got rid of the ties from my hand and kicked the man in his stomach. He was so distraught that he didn't even defend himself when I was hitting him.

"Louis!" I heard Shaden gasp and turned around to see her lifting herself on her elbows to look at me.

"Shaden." I whispered before rushing back to her.

The man was still lying on the floor and was sobbing. He lifted his hands up to his face and started crying hysterically when he saw Shaden's blood on his hands.

"Oh gosh! So this is how it feels in movies." She joked in a strained voice trying to lighten up the mood. I lifted her head up to my lap and started cradling her body gently.

"I am sorry. I am soo soo sorry. I was very stupid." I said pressing my forehead against hers.

"Shush... calm down. It's not your fault." She said lifting her hand up to wipe away my tears.