22 - Broken ribs and a broken heart. Aren't we a perfect pair?

Louis's Pov

"Louis? Are you busy?" she asked in a strained voice as soon as I picked up her call.

"Hello to you too." I said cheekily.

"Louis?" she said in an irritated and hurried tone.

"Is everything alright? You don't sound good." I said and I heard her groan in pain and then some more noises of things falling down.

"Are you busy?" she asked me impatiently again.

"I am not. But what's wrong? Are you alright?" I asked her again.

"Yeah I am." She said and hissed. "Actually no. Can you pick me up? I need some help." She requested.

"Of course. Where are you?" I asked.

"In the alley behind my apartment. The one where we throw the dump." She said breathing heavily.

"What the hell are you doing there?" I asked with a frown.

"Just come. Don't mention this to Ron." She said before cutting the call.

"What the hell?" I muttered to myself before getting up from my bed to dress up and rushed out of my home in a hurry.

What is she doing there at this hour? It's almost midnight for God's sake. Is she hurt or something? She promised me that she wouldn't go back to the ring. Then what the hell is this about? 

I reached her street and took a left turn instead of going to her building and towards the alley.

"Shaden." I whisper yelled when I didn't see anyone in the alley. This place is super creepy. I heard a very familiar voice groaning behind the bin. I walked towards the voice and found Shaden laying there in a fetal position, holding onto her stomach.

I cursed under my breath and rushed towards her. "What happened?"

"My ribs." She said, hissing when she tried to sit. I placed my hand on her back and helped her up into a sitting position. She leaned into me immediately.

"Huh?" I asked, confused.

"My ribs. I think they are broken." She said after pushing her face into my chest while groaning.

"What the hell? How did that happen?" I asked.

"It's a few people from the ring. They thought I was going back there to fight again and they were pissed I think. They attacked me when I wasn't expecting." She said in a low voice.

"We need to file a complaint." I said clenching my fists. She immediately shot up, wincing because of the pain, but still looking at me with wide eyes.

"We can't go there. I can't go to the police." She said with wide eyes and held my hand tightly to make me understand what she was asking me of. I was about to speak when she cut me off. "And no, we can't even go to hospital. Remember, I hate and am scared of them." she said and I groaned in frustration.

How am I gonna deal with a girl with broken ribs without going to a hospital. Oh yes! My brother. Suddenly my eyes widened with realization.

"Did you call me because of Leo?" I asked her and though I wanted to hide it, I am pretty sure she heard the hurt in my voice. She widened her eyes at the realization.

"Right. Leo is a medical intern. Thank god, I called you." she said.

"Wait, you didn't call me because of him?" I asked and smiled widely when I saw her blushing.

"Do you ask all these kinda questions when you see a girl seeking medical attention?" she asked and I looked at her sheepishly.

"Right, I am sorry. Can you stand up?" I asked and she tried while wincing and groaning in pain. "I can help you, you know?" I teased and she glared at me.