12 - Then you either bleed or break a bone

Elijah's Pov

I am definitely not buying her story. You can't land punches so perfectly and gracefully just by going to self-defense classes. And there is that constant feeling that she is really familiar and looks soo much like someone I know. And that day, when we played football together, I didn't miss how she got tensed and tried avoiding me throughout the game. She didn't even glance at me.

Something about her doesn't feel right. I mean, one minute she is all fierce and scary, and the next she is weak and fragile. After she missed two days of school after punching the wall, she again went through another transformation, this one of a very sweet girl. If I wasn't any sure, I would have thought that she is having some personality disorder.

But I can see that this sweet exterior is just an act. It's kinda evident. I don't even know how all the others even sucked up to her excuses. Everyone except Louis and Sam. And a part of me knows that Louis knows a lot more about her than he is letting it show. She keeps intriguing me. I looked to my right to find Shaden leaning towards Louis laughing loudly about something. Somehow, despite many things, she looked innocent on so many levels.

"Hey man, you have that look on your face." Brendan said shoving a bunch of chips into his mouth.

"Which look?" I asked him confused.

"When you go into deep thoughts, your face contorts into a constipated look right? That one." He said pointing at my face. I shoved him hardly making him bump into Jessica who glared at him angrily, stood up and walked away fuming.

"What's with her?" I asked pointing my chin at Jess.

"She is paired with Shelby and you know how much she hates her. You know how Shelby always had a thing for me. She kept taunting Jess that she isn't enough for me or all that bullshit and now Jess is angry at me because she thinks that I am just encouraging her instead of stopping her." Brendan said with a sigh.

"But did you not always turn her down whenever she made a move at you?" I asked him confused.

"Exactly! That's what I kept telling Jess. I don't know what's got into her today? She is acting very weird." He said pressing the bridge of his nose with his thumb and index finger.

"Maybe she is angry because you aren't even trying to ask Shelby or her dickhead of a boyfriend to switch tents so that you could stay together. I mean, this is the last school outing we are ever going to have." Mabel pointed out sitting beside us.

"Shit! That is why." He said groaning and then lifted his head up, searching. "Where is Jonathan? Maybe I will start by asking him."

"Who is speaking about my roommate?" Shaden asked, suddenly appearing and flopping beside me. Finally after a week she decided not to avoid me. I looked at her amused and she tried to give me an easy smile, which actually wasn't that easy.

"Jonathan is your roomie?" Brendan asked surprised.

"Yeah, and he is going all the way to show me that he hates the idea to share the tent with me." she said with a sad pout but it was clear that she wasn't affected by it. Haru scoffed sitting beside her.

"Of course he wouldn't like sharing his tent with you. I mean, he always goes for easy girls. He knows that he is not cut out for you." he said rolling his eyes.

"I thought he already had a girlfriend." She said confused but when she saw the look we all gave her, she nodded her head slowly. "Right" she said only to stay silent for a second or two and then scrunched her nose.

"Why are people here always thinking about sex?" she asked looking kind of distressed about it. "I mean there are things which are more fun than jumping at each other." She said looking mildly disgusted.