26 - Oh yeah! You are Remora. Red+Gamora

A/N

Disclaimer: The first part of the chapter contains few scenes of torture and violence. 

Louis's POV

"Shhh! Be quite. Ron is sleeping." She shushed me, pushing her palm over my mouth to stop me from laughing. I licked her and she grimaced at me but didn't remove her hand from its current position.

"Louis! I am gonna kill you if you don't stop licking my palm now. And put your laughter on hold. Don't disturb the sleeping boy." She whispered removing her hand from across my mouth. Sure enough, Cam was sleeping on the floor with books all around me.

"When are his exams?" I asked her in a low voice as we entered the hall.

"Immediately after the winter vacation." She said and then sighed. "Between taking care of his mom and doing his part-time jobs, he doesn't have enough time to study." She said looking at her best friend with compassion.

"So, is he like the bread winner in the family?" I asked with a grimace.

It must be hard, to take care of a growing sister and a sick mother while studying.

"Kind of. I mean, his father gets pension from the place he worked at because he died doing work for the institution. And they also have health insurance, so that will kind of cover his mother's medical bills, but you know, that's not really enough money. So that's why he works at the gym longer than he should. And whenever it isn't enough, he fights in the ring." She said with a shrug and at the sound of the ring, I narrowed my eyes at her. "I am not going there anymore. I swear!" she said with wide eyes.

"You did go in the beginning right?" I asked to which she grimaced.

"Hey! I was extremely angry okay? I needed some place to cool down." she said in a defensive tone.

"And after that?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. She just rolled her eyes at my acquisitions.

"Fine! I went there later too. Stop crying." She said loudly and this time I was the one who shushed her.

"Voice down!"

"I needed money before Naeem came here. And the only other time I went there was when Cam's mom had to go through surgery." she said in a low voice as she started closing all the thousand books which were open beside Cam's sleeping figure. I knelt down beside her and started helping her.

"How did he die?" I asked and she looked at me with a worried surprise look. I nodded at Cam. "His father?" I asked again.

Why did she look worried to speak about Cam?

"Oh!" she said and was silent as she collected herself.

"Yeah."

"He was a professor at MIT. He was working on some radioactive material and because the technicians weren't careful in checking if the product they brought was safe or not, it exploded. A very small explosion, but an explosion nonetheless." she said with a shrug.

"He died because of the explosion?" I asked and she shook her head.

"Actually no. There were many students there and uncle tried rescuing everyone. He was already out but then he realized that there was another girl inside the room which was on fire. He went in to save her, he pushed her out and the building collapsed behind her. Uncle died right there. And the worst part was, the girl had third degree burns and she died a week later." She explained while she gently lifted Cam's head from the open book he was sleeping on.

He drooled all over his book and there was drool on his cheek too. She scrunched her face but without any hesitation she wiped away the drool with her hand and wiped it back on his shirt. She tried to gently wake him up.