15 - Shut up Louis. She is after all, just 15

Sam's Pov

"What was that?" I heard Jordan exclaim after the two of them left the room.

"Why is it so surprising? We know that there is always some drama involved wherever Shaden is concerned." Louis said nonchalantly as if it didn't bother him.

"Where is he?" Natasha asked as soon as she entered.

"Who?" Jordan asked with a frown.

"Naeem of course. All of us here because of him. Where exactly is he?" Casey said smacking Jordan on his head.

"He went up to Jeff's and Theo's room. We can all meet him later." Donn said making space for his girlfriend. She gently kissed him on his lips and turned her head immediately so that it wouldn't lead to an intense make out session in front of us. He just pouted at her.

"I am gonna go and get us something to eat." I said getting up from the sofa. Everyone was so invested in their conversations that they didn't even bother telling me what they needed. I just rolled my eyes at them and walked out.

I could hear voices from the home theater and was contemplating if I should go there or not. Fuck it! It's my home; I don't have any secrets here. With that thought on my mind, I walked closer to the room and realized that it was my Ruby speaking to Shaden.

"I am really sorry. I didn't know. Who else knows about this?" they asked in an apologetic tone.

"My best friend and his family; my school's chairman and his family. And now you." she said with a sigh. "See Reuben, I need you to tell me if you can keep this a secret or not. I can't have people knowing about it. If more people get to know about this, it's not even safe for me to stay here and I really like staying here. I got friends and family here. Please, I need to know if you can keep this secret." She pleaded.

"Hey hey listen. I know we have no relation, but I have been worrying about you for over a month now. I am just glad that you are safe and fine now. I will be there for you as long as you need me. And your brother? He is alive?" they asked surprised.

How does Ruby know so much about Shaden? And what exactly is she hiding? Should I barge in and ask? No. she just said that it is not safe for people to know about her. As stupid as it sounds, I like having her around. If Ruby trusts her after knowing stuff about her, I think I should trust my instincts and hope that nothing bad will come out of this relationship.

"Alhamdulillah! That's the best thing that happened to me after that incident. He survived. I think he was the only reason which kept me going. And I am really glad that he has no memory of that night. He is just a child and no kid deserves so much pain." She said.

"You are a kid too you know. Don't forget that. And I still can't believe that you are studying in my brother's class. I mean, come on, you are just 15!" Ruby exclaimed and I had to stop myself from gasping. So Louis was speaking that truth, she really is very young. How does Ruby even know this stuff?

"Shush... don't speak about that. If someone listens to our conversation, I will have a lot of explanations to give." She said in a hushed voice.

"Yeah whatever. You know, if you want to speak about what happened, I am always here. I will listen to you. I mean, in case you ever are ready." 

"I am actually glad that someone else I am not related to knows about all this Reuben. Makes me feel a nit lighter." I could actually hear relief in her voice.

"Just remember that you can rely on me." Ruby said and then paused for a second.

"And, can you please not call me Reuben. My name is Ruby now." they said slowly. I didn't like hearing that vulnerability in my sister's voice.