18 - You don't have a crooked nose!

A/N

Hey guys, 

So this chapter can contains certain scenes which indicates drugging, dealing with sexual assault. If you are not comfortable without, I suggest you not to read.

On that note, happy reading.

Cameryn's POV

They were being really good to me. They let me help them in arranging the house. They helped me in doing make-up and dressing up too. I was happy that I was finally getting friends.

"Leave your hair like that. You look pretty this way." Roxanne said pushing my hair gently to the side.

"Thanks Roxy." I said and she smiled at me.

"Oh honey, it's nothing. And I should be thankful. Thankful that you forgave me and that you agreed to be here." She said smiling.

"It was nothing. You just didn't like me in the beginning. It's not your fault that you felt threatened that I would take your rank in the class. And I don't even study that well." I said smiling lightly. She smiled at that too.

"Come on, let's go. Everybody should be here soon." She said pulling my hand.

Soon people kept coming. Some of them I recognized and the rest I didn't. I tried to greet as many people as possible and introduced myself to the others I didn't know.

I found Joshua walking in with another boy who was apparently very popular. I smiled as I approached them. The other boy just stopped in his tracks and widened his eyes when he realized that I was walking towards them. I looked behind me to see if he was worried about someone speaking to him or if that was just his expression. I turned back when I didn't find anyone there. I looked at him confused and Joshua just chuckled at his expression. Is it something with me or some inside joke they shared?

"Hey Joshua, I didn't know you would be here." I said shaking his hand with a smile.

"Me neither. I am surprised to find you here. I thought you weren't in good terms with Roxy." He said puzzled.

"Yeah, it's a long story. In short, we are good now." I said and turned when his friend rudely interrupted me.

"You guys know each other?" he asked surprised.

"Yeah, she is Cameryn, and I think you already know that. She is also the new girl in our debate club. She is pretty good." Joshua said with a smirk.

"She is?" his friend said as if it was hard to believe that I was smart. I narrowed my eyes at him and he grimaced. He at least has the decency to look ashamed.

"Ignore his manners. This is my best friend, Christopher." He introduced his friend and I said a curt hello and excused myself.

Soon more and more people kept coming and the place got crowded pretty quick. I walked to the kitchen feeling exhausted from going around and speaking to new people. Shaden is right, I am good at speaking to people, but I just can't make good friends. 

The room was pretty crowded and I started feeling stuffy and extremely hot. I need water. Yes, I need water. With that thought in my mind I went to the kitchen. I smelled the stuff from the cups on the counter and all I found was alcohol.

"You are looking for something without alcohol?" Christopher suddenly asked from behind, making me jump. I looked at him suspiciously and nodded my head.

"Water." I didn't want to engage in a conversation with him.

He went to the refrigerator and pulled out few soda bottles and placed them on the table. I took one and was about to pop it open and drink from it but he stopped me with wide eyes. Why does he widen his eyes so much?