23 - A rabbit high on helium?!

Casey's Pov

"I feel like a jerk. That's it! I am the jerk in our relationship." I said flopping down on my best friend's bed.

"I am not gonna disagree with you." Ashton said rolling his eyes at me. He raised his hand up to stop me from speaking. "But, it's better to be a jerk now and end a relationship you don't want than turning out to be a bitch who is harboring secret feelings for your boyfriend's brother." He pointed out and I scowled at him for speaking the correct thing.

"I hate you." I said with a huff.

"Of course, hate the one person who can speak some sense into you." he said in a flat tone.

"Why did I not realize that I was in love with this Bennett and not that one?" I groaned into the pillow.

"Why did you guys start even start getting serious? I thought you were fake dating to make Sam jealous." He asked.

"It started with a stupid kiss at a stupid party and I realized that I liked kissing him. He said that he liked it too. At first it was just supposed to be a physical thing. But you know how good Nate is. He's perfect. He respects me, cares for me and even tries to protect me. He tries to understand me. So, I thought I actually liked him. That's how." I said with a long sigh.

"Suddenly he turned bad?" Ash asked, looking as if he wants to figure me out.

"No you idiot. He didn't. I just realized that I like him like a friend." I said.

"A friend you like to kiss?" I threw his pillow at him.

"I thought what I had with Sam was just a crush. Now, I am not sure." I groaned. "How could I not know the intensity of my crush towards that idiot?"

"That's because you are mentally stunted in that department dear Casey." He said plopping down beside me on his bed. His dog nuzzled his way between us and laid his head on my stomach.

"My sweet sweet beans. Why is your brother my best friend? Why haven't you come to my life before he did?" I asked rubbing the golden retriever's neck. He sighed contently and looked at me with those big confused brown eyes.

"That's because he is two years old and I've met you when you were two." Ashton said blankly.

"Exactly! Why didn't I meet him instead of you?" I said with a frown on my face. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"I know what exactly you are doing here." He said sitting up, pulling me up along with him. "You are trying to put off meeting Nate." He pointed out and I tried to slide back onto the bed but he held my shoulders tightly preventing me from lying down. "Stop being a wuss and go confront your problems head on." He told me softly.

"I hate that you are very convincing." I said with a pout and he rolled his eyes though a small smile was playing on his lips.

"We already established that you hate me for many unreasonable reasons. Get going now." He said kicking me, making me fall off his bed. I glared at him while rubbing my sore butt.

"You could have just told me that you wanted me out of your hair. Didn't have to act like a good friend giving good advices." I huffed while picking up my stuff from his floor.

"You know me too well. That's the only reason we are still friends." He said laughing. I scowled at him and slammed the door shut cutting off his laughter.

I reluctantly took a cab to his house. Or should I say mansion. I didn't see anyone downstairs so I quickly made my way to Nate's room. I knocked on his door twice before opening his door. He was on his phone when I entered the room but said quick goodbyes when he saw me.