Chapter 1

Charlotte's POV

"Seriously, Char, you shouldn't be shaking like this!" Madeline my best friend who was brushing my hair exasperated.

"I'm nervous Mad! He's gonna propose" I smiled, trying to hold in my nerves.

Madeline rolled her eyes, and twitched her lips."You don't even know that. Maybe he just wants you guys to out on a normal date. You are getting worked up for nothing." She stated, applying a nude lipstick on my suddenly dried lips.

"Okay. So I and Jackson have been dating for three years, and our work has been keeping us apart now. He's a lawyer and I'm a Secretary to one of the biggest companies here, in California. Suddenly he called me and told me to prepare for a date. We haven't gone out on a date for months now! Don't you think he wants to pop the question?" I reasoned.

I love Jackson so much, but my job has been really taking a toll on me, especially in this season. We have been in a relationship for three years and two months, he calls me, texts me, bring me flowers and chocolates, sometimes he comes over and we just chat and sleep. He is the best boyfriend, he has never really complained about the less time I give him because of my job.

"Well, I think you are right. Maybe he's finally decided to settle. So if he asks you what are you gonna say? She asked, peering at me with her fake lashes, which were way longer than her real ones.

I gave her one of my  'are you dumb or what?' look. "Duh! Isn't that obvious?"

"Yeah, it is. I mean you love Jackson more than me." She sighed, and placed her hands on her chest like she's hurt.

That earned me a chuckle." Stop being dramatic. You know I love you" I said, buckling my six inches heels.

"I don't believe you." She whispered, a smile making its way to her mouth.

Just as I was about to make a comment, the doorbell rang.

"He's here" I whispered, my voice suddenly small.

"Don't freak out, Char! Act normal, like your normal self, he's gonna hint that you know about the proposal, so you better act oblivious, okay?" Madeline advices.

"Okay." I muttered, grabbing my silver clutch. I was putting on a red, dress which fitted me like a glove. It had a v neck, which obviously showed much cleavage, and it had a slit down my thighs. It was classy and sexy.

Madeline left me in the room, and rushed to open the door for Jack. I was breathing in and out, before I finally had the courage to leave my room.

"Wow! You look...." Jackson began.

"Beautiful?"I contributed, a smile tugging my lips.

"Breathtaking." He breathed, taking my hands and kissing it.

"You don't look bad yourself." I teased, grinning widely.

He was hot! He put on blue jean and a cashmere shirt, which didn't hide those arms of his.

"Seriously? He joked about my comment.

"Yep" I popped the p, making him smile even more. You see I love him.

"Okay guys, I think you should start moving. Stop reminding of the evil truth that I don't have a boyfriend." Madeline suddenly said, making I and Jackson chuckle.

The restaurant a.k.a (the date)

This was where we had our fist date as a couple. He remembered! He definitely wants to propose. My chest is actually beating more that 599joules right now.