Chapter 23

Charlotte

Another blow of the loud thunder made me jump on my bed. The rain was angry and very critic. It has been falling non stop for an hour straight now.

"Woah, I think it's end time, Char! The lightening is scary as hell" Madeline shrieked.

I only groaned in response. I've been awfully ill. My body, my throat as a result of throwing up every minute, my stomach and most especially my heart were all ill..

I broke up with him. He cheated on me.

It's like I'm now a magnet to cheats. Every guys in my life thinks it's tradition to cheat on me, it's like an affair now.

I've cried so much, I'm scared to look at the mirror, because my eyes felt heavy and reddish. And according to Madeline, she said I looked like hell on Earth.

I knew what I expected when I started this relationship with Sebastian. I expected a short term relationship with only sex attached, I expected a low blow break up, but I never expected him to cheat.

I mean, he knows about Jackson and he knows how I barely came out of that relationship intact. But all the same he still went ahead to cheat.

To think that I went to his penthouse to confess my feelings. I wanted him to know that I was ready to wait, wait till he finally grew to fall in love with me. But, he didn't wait for a solid twenty four hours, to replace me with another woman.

One part of me, one part which was foolish enough to still love him waited for him to call or text to explain that it was all a misunderstanding, but he didn't call me, for three days now.

Three days I barely came out of my bedroom, I sent my resignation letter via email to the office yesterday, I was now a jobless heartbroken bitch.

"Which movie would you like today?" Madeline asked, going through ugh possible options from netflix.

She's been an amazing friend, she tried not to bring up the topic of Sebastian, and she also tried to lift up my spirit, but I think my spirit will be down for a long time. I've never loved anyone the way I love Sebastian, not even Jackson.

"Whatever you want, Mad." My croaky voice muttered. I felt sore all over like I've been ran over numerous times by a truck. Stress and pain can cause that probably.

Madeline shrugged and picked one movie, after going through hundreds from netflix, we were about to settle down when we heard loud bangs on the door. Who the hell would be here by this time? In this weather?

It's raining heavily, I could barely hear a thing except the patters of water on the zinc.

"Who could it be? I didn't order food, and I doubt any online platform would be out in this weather." Madeline retorted.

She left my room to check the door, while I just sat and moped around, like I usually do. My room was a mess, maybe when I'm done sulking I could clean up.

Not a minute later, she came back to the room looking worried and pissed?

"What?" I asked her, scared that my throat would burst from talking too much, I barely say two words each day, without it scratching and howling.

"Sebastian is....." She started but I heard enough already.

"No, tell him to fuck off." I hissed.

She sighed. "I told him the same thing, but he said he'll wait under the rain untill you see him. And he doesn't look too good either. He's a mess." She explained.

"Do I look like I'm not a mess? He should die in the rain for all I care!" I screamed, the bottled up emotions resurfacing.

Madeline was by my side in a second, cradling my head to her chest. "Shhh, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have even mentioned him." She kept muttering.