Chapter 25

Sebastian

Two words. One sentence. Eight alphabets. Making me smile like a mad man. Finally!

It's been two wicked, suffocating, miserable, contemplative, devastating and silent weeks.

She said she needed space, which I totally understand. I was even lucky she didn't dump my ass then and there on her cushion.

I mean, if I had caught her kissing another guy just to confirm her feelings, I would've done the same or maybe worse. Yeah, I would surely beat the hell out of the guy. Or break some ribs, or nose.

I have never been so vulnerable and nervous in my entire life, and those were exactly what I was feeling.

I promised her to go back to normal, so I shaved, and also went back to the company to sort out unfinished works. But deep down, I was still miserable, literally.

Just few people noticed, the rest didn't. So now this beautiful day of Tuesday afternoon,.my phone pinged. And the text message has literally turned my dark broody life into a colorful light one. My eyes looked down at my phone again, and another smile stretched my face.

From: Loml💗
Let's talk.

She's ready to talk. After two weeks, that was fair.

"You called?" Ruth's voice snapped me out of my thoughts

I looked up to find her giving me a curious glare. "You are smiling...what's up?" She asked nosily. The over know it all. Nothing get past her.

"I am." I replied, rewarding her with another smile. "Cancel all my appointments" I said what I actually called her for.

She raised an eyebrow. "Okay? Why?" She asked again. She was a nosy person, and I'm used to it by now.

"Because, I have better appointments" I said, stalling. Making her more curious.

She rolled her eyes. "Tell me, Seb" she said back, huffing in frustration.

How the fuck do Trevor hide things from this woman? Then again, I doubt he has any secrets.

"Fine! Charlotte texted me. She wants us to talk" I finally told her, already standing up from my plush sit.

She squealed "Finally!!! I've been planning your death, literally!" When I gave her a confused stare, she continued. "You became a frowning, meanie and very boring to talk to. I hope you do the right thing this time." She warned.

I figured, I would've killed myself if I wasn't myself

I nodded. "I will." I grabbed my suit jacket.

"And please, don't kiss another girl to find out if you want to marry her. That would likely put you in the hospital bed, and I'm not saying it's Charlotte that will put you there. Me" she finished, amusement lacing her words.

I rolled my eyes. "Rub it on my face, Ruth. And no, I won't kiss another lady to confirm anything" I pointed at her, before leaving the office, with her giggling like a child.

She must be pregnant again, because Pregnant Ruth is weird Ruth.

I remember her, coming to sleep in my office, on my back suede cushion. She said she and the baby needs to lie down for a few minutes. I was so shocked, an assistant sleeping in her boss's office, during work hours.

And then one time when she soaked her burger in the black coffee she supposedly brought for me. Saying that's what the baby wants. I really hope this only happens in Ruth's case, 'cause I can't imagine other women behaving like she did.