ELEVEN

Dara is quietly eating as she listens to GD and Soo Hyuk's conversation. Young Bae went to bed early while Dae Sung went out to meet some friends. Soo Hyuk is a cool guy but he's like those typical rich guys in dramas. He's sarcastic and playful. Somehow like GD but Dara feels uncomfortable around him.

Suddenly, Soo Hyuk pays attention to her.

"So, Dara, what do you do?" Soo Hyuk asks.

"I'm a photographer," Dara said. Soo Hyuk raised an eyebrow, he wasn't impressed. GD immediately defends her. "She's one of the best photographers in Seoul. We hired her and take her here because her portfolio is very impressive. We were glad we were able to get her because she's too in demand back in Seoul." GD grins.

"Who are your past clients?" Soo Hyuk asks.

"Depends but my regulars are artists from YG Entertainment. They always hire me from time to time," she said. Soo Hyuk just nodded.

"And you graduated from?"

"Ewha University. Psychology," she said. GD looks at her. "You took Psychology? Wow! That's cool."

"Why become a photographer then? You could have been a Psychiatrist or a Doctor." Soo Hyuk points out. This man is close in getting into Dara's nerve. What is it with him?

"Because it's my passion. I still practice my degree. I do art therapy through photography for a non-government organization that helps teenagers who suffered from abuse. I do counseling voluntarily too." She said. Soo Hyuk sighs and lazily stab the vegetable on his plate and eats it. "Good cause but you could have done better," he said plainly.

Dara was about to speak when GD speaks first. "I think it's great. Dara is doing her passion while helping others. People rarely do that. I am also planning an exhibit for a cause. Dara will help me with it." GD said. GD took Dara's hand and hold it. "I'm lucky to have a girlfriend like her." GD smiles at Dara so Dara feels relax. She still hates Soo Hyuk's guts.

"Ohh well. That's cool. A painter and a photographer. What a match." Soo Hyuk said. "By the way, I saw your sister in Paris last month. She's getting married to that actor in two months." Soo Hyuk said. Dara was surprised to hear about GD's family.

"How is Noona?" GD asks.

"She's blooming. Glad that she's marrying for love, not for business. She and her fiancé are dating since they were in college, right?" Soo Hyuk asks GD. He just nodded. GD smiles sadly. "I'm glad she's happy."

"No plans on seeing your sister before she gets married?"

GD shooks his head. "I don't want to cause a problem for her."

"You're too hard on yourself, Ji Yong-ah. It's been five years already." Soo Hyuk points out.

"I know. But it's better that I'm away than be a disappointment for them" GD stated. Dara feels bad about GD. She kinda gets something from their conversation. GD is not on good terms with his family. But why?

Since Soo Hyuk is staying with GD for a few days, GD let Soo Hyuk have the guest room while Dara will stay with GD as he wanted. GD let her use the bathroom as he went out to do something in his studio. When he returns, Dara was done and drying her hair by the sink using the hairdryer. GD sits on the bed and watches her. Dara turned off the dryer and stars combing her hair.

"You okay?" GD asks.

"Yeah," she replied. Then she faces him. "I think Soo Hyuk doesn't like me." she pouts.

"Don't mind him. He will not be around for too long. He's always tackless even we were a kid. He got worse when he went to London for his high school. He went to an all-boys school. Sarcasm becomes him. But he's a good friend. Just don't take his words seriously." GD said. Dara went out of the bathroom. GD is amazed by how lovely she is without makeup.