Chapter 38: {The old lady}

|Danger doesn't lurk at every corner. It's just hanging out, waiting for fear and horror to show up.|

Nina's pov:

The lady walked into the park, ignoring our questions. Colton got the brilliant idea to follow her and dragged us with him.

"Nowhere is safe here." She finally said.

She stopped and we looked around. It was a freaking grave. I wrapped my arm around Adrian's arm. Why would she bring us here?

"See all these graves? All of them wanted to explore the haunted town and now they rest here." She said making us more scare.

"We are just here for one night. We promise we will leave as soon as the sun rises." Amy said terrified. Landon wrapped his arm around her shoulder and she leaned into him.

"As I said before, you should go to your rooms." She said and we nodded. We made our way back to the motel and before leaving, I turned to look at the lady but she was gone.

I looked around and found no one.

Adrian tugged my hand and I looked at him.

"Let's go." He said and I nodded. We walked back into the motel.

"I'm going to ask the guy about this," Blake said making his way to the guy behind the counter. We followed him since we were curious to know.

"Hi, what's your name?" Blake asked.

"Cole, how can I help you?" He asked.

"Why didn't you tell us that this place was haunted?" Blake asked and Cole frowned.

"You didn't know? I thought you knew about it that's why I didn't say anything." He admitted.

"But how would we know it was haunted? There was no feedback on the motel page." Melanie said.

"There used to be a lot of feedback from here. Everyone usually comes to explore the haunted motel and it's surrounding. They go on a night walk and only a few return back safely." He explained.

"How is that possible? Who remove the comments?" Melanie asked confused.

"Hmm, guys...." Eva trailed off. She put her phone in front of us and the feedbacks were there. All the experiences of people were there.

"I swear the pages were empty when I log in," Melanie said.

"I know I saw it too," Colton said confused.

"So how did you guys find out the motel was haunted if you didn't find it online?" Cole asked curiously.

"There was a lady at the fountain in the park. She told us about it." Landon said and Cole frowned.

"A lady near the fountain?" He asked and turned around, "Is that her?"

He was pointing at a picture on the wall. It was an old picture but it was clear. It was the same lady sitting near the fountain, smiling at the camera.

"That would be here," Eva confirmed.

"Are you serious? You're not playing around right?" Cole asked and we shake our head no.

"She is the owner of this motel and she died 30 years ago." He said and I swear my heart stopped beating for a second.

What the fuck?

"How is that possible? We just met her and talked to her. She even bought us to the grave." Blake said.

"The grave behind the fountain? It's her grave and there was a lot of her family buried beside her." Cole explained, "but you might be right. There was a guy that met her before you came and I thought he was messing around. There were rumours that the old lady warned everyone who comes here. She protects them and usually tells then to leave. I personally never met her or talk to her but she is not a bad spirit. So we're good."

All that time, we remained silent. Why did we stay here? I just wanted to go home or at the camping site already.

"So what's the story of this haunted motel?" Blake asked.

"Well at night, you can hear footsteps in the hall. You can hear children screaming and playing around. Sometimes the light would turn off and on by themselves. You can also hear the water running in the bathroom. And some clients reported that someone banged their door at night while they were sleeping. Some also reported that I called them from here but I never did that." He said and we were speechless.

"Ok, thank you for telling us that. We will go to our room now." Colton said and he nodded.

"If you need anything, call me." He said and we nodded. We walked down the hall near the elevator.

"Are we seriously going to stay here?" Melanie asked.

"We already pay for the night and we have nowhere to sleep." Colton sighed.

"We already experience the light turning on and off by themselves in our room," Amy said.

"If we stay together, nothing will happen to us," Blake said and we sighed. We took the elevator and went to our room.

Adrian opened the door and peeked inside. He turned on the light, which I might say we left on when we left.

"It's already late, let's just sleep," Landon suggested and we nodded.

"I'm too scare to go to the bathroom alone," Amy said.

"I'll come with you," I said and she nodded. We walked to the bathroom and she did her business.

"We'll have to come back here to change into our pj's." She said and I frowned.

"We don't have to, we can change in the room itself. We will make the guys turn around." I shrugged.

"That's a good idea." She nodded.

We washed our hands and walked into the room. Both boys were laying on the bed, scrolling through their phones. I went to my bag and pick my clothes. Amy did the same and waited for me before she changes.

"Alright boys, turn around we need to change," I said and they looked up at me.

"I don't mind you changing in front of me." Adrian shrugged and I rolled my eyes.

"But she does. Now turn around." I stated and he chuckled. He turned around and so did Landon. We quickly changed, while keeping an eye on them. Not that Adrian didn't see me naked before.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah