Chapter 50: {first appointement}

Nina's pov

It's been two days since I got engaged. It still feels weird whenever I looked at the ring in my finger. Adrian has been around me a lot. He was really excited and happy that he was going to be a father.

Yesterday, he posted our engagement on his Instagram and we both had a lot of friends congratulating us. I was a hundred percent sure the whole school knew about it now.

We were now in the waiting room waiting for our turn to meet our doctor. Adrian took an appointment to see our baby. This morning when he came to pick me, we were both dressed the same. It was the perfect couple goals.

 It was the perfect couple goals

"Mr. and Mrs. Ross." The nurse called out and we stood up. Adrian was the one who took the appointment so I guessed he gave them that name.

We walked into the doctor's office and it was a lady.

"Hi, I'm Charlotte and I'll be your doctor for your whole pregnancy. Now tell me how are you feeling?" She asked looking at me.

"I'm good, I just feel nauseous when I woke up in the morning," I said and she nodded.

"This will continue to happen for a few more weeks before it stopped. Do you have any idea how many weeks you are pregnant?" She asked and I shake my head no.

"I don't really know. I just find out two days ago that I was pregnant." I said and she nodded.

"That's alright. We will find out in a few minutes how long are you pregnant. And this is your first child right?" She asked and I nodded.

"Alright." She noted it on a paper and closed the file.

"Please follow me." She said and we follow her. She walked into a room and asked me to lay on the bed.

"Remove your jacket and pulled your shirt up. I'll have to put a jelly type of cream on your belly and we will be able to see inside it." She explained.

I took off my jacket and handed it to Adrian. I laid down and pulled my shirt up. She put the jelly and I hissed since it was really cold.

"Oh, you are around 5 weeks pregnant," Charlotte said looking on the screen.

Wow, and I just found out two days ago!

"Around 5 weeks, the gestational sac is often the first thing that most transvaginal ultrasounds can detect. This is seen before a recognizable embryo can be seen. Within this time period, a yolk sac can be seen inside the gestational sac. The yolk sac will be the earliest source of nutrients for the developing fetus." She said still looking at the screen.

"Wait a minute." She said and passed the mouse in her hand on the side of my belly.

"You see that? There is one sac here." She showed us on the screen. The mouse was on my belly's side. She then moved it in the middle," and there is another one here."

"Twins?" Adrian asked surprised

"Yeah, your wife is expecting twins." She said smiling.

"Do you want a copy of the ultrasound?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yes," I said and she nodded. She handed me a tissue to wipe the gel off my belly. Adrian helped me and then handed me my jacket.

We walked to her office and sat down.

"Ok, so since you are expecting twins you might go into labor more sooner than planned. You might also feel side pain or back pain. During 5-8 weeks of pregnancy, the amount of blood in your body increases, and even more so when carrying twins versus just one baby. As your kidneys process this additional fluid, more fluid ends up in your bladder, meaning more bathroom runs than usual for you. Don’t drink less water, as staying hydrated is important, especially during pregnancy." She explained and we listened to her carefully.

"When you're pregnant with twins, morning sickness can be more severe than with a singleton pregnancy, but this is not always the case." She said, "Around six weeks, each baby’s spinal cord and brain start to develop from their own neural tube. Each baby's heart is beginning to form and may start to beat. By the end of eight weeks, all your babies’ major organs, including the lungs and genitals, will have started to develop."

"When can we hear the first heartbeat of our babies?" Adrian asked.

"It's usually during the 7-8th weeks. So I'll give you another appointment in two weeks and hopefully, we will heart their heartbeats." She said and we nodded.

She wrote down the report and gave Adrian a paper and an envelope. It had the ultrasound pictures.

"These are some vitamins. She might need it for the twins." She said and Adrian nodded.

We both stood up and made our way outside.

"The guys are waiting for in the park," Adrian said and I nodded.

----

When we reached the park, I grabbed the envelope with me. I knew that our friends were excited to see how the ultrasound. They didn't know it was twins yet.

"How did it go?" Amy asked.

"It went really good," I replied.

"Oh, how far are you?" Melanie asked.

"I'm 5 weeks pregnant," I said and they gasped.

"And you only found out two days ago," Eva said and I chuckled.

"The doctor explained everything to us and she had her ultrasound," Adrian said.

"Can we see the ultrasound?" Eva asked and I nodded. I opened the envelope and handed it to her. The girls gathered beside each other and looked at it.

"Wait, I can't understand it." Amy frowned.

"There is 2 hole," Eva said confused and both Adrian and I chuckled.

"It's actually called a sac. It's usually where the baby will be formed and there are two sacs." I hide a smile when I looked at their faces. Melanie was the first one to understand.

"You're having twins!" She squealed.

"Yes." I smiled.

"Congrats bro."

The boys did the bro hug while the girls hugged me at the same time.

"We just have to wait and do a gender reveal now," Eva said and we laughed.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah.