Chapter 4 - Attendance

Cancer

"I hate homeroom." I grumbled.

"Why?" Taurus asked. It was almost 10am, and the bell had gone a few minutes before.

"All my classmates make fun of my name." I replied.

"Oh," Taurus responded. "They might not."

"Most likely will."

"But they might not."

By the time we got to our homeroom, it was 10am. My brother was there, as well as the rest of the "squad", as Leo says.

"So," He said. "Looks like we're all in homeroom together again."

Scorpio rolled her eyes. "Yayyyyy." She said in a sarcastic manner.

I walked all the way to the back of the line, where Aquarius and Capricorn were.

"Hello Cancer." Capricorn looked up from his book.

"Hi." I said back.

My new roommate Aquarius leaned back onto the classroom walls and sighed. "I wish the teacher would hurry up."

I said nothing. I was busy worrying about things. What if this new school gives out way more homework than our old school? Will there be assessments almost every week? How many more weeks until Christmas?

Suddenly, Pisces jumped up from behind me and tackled me with a hug.

"Ouch, Pisces!" I complained.

"Nice to see you again, Cancer!" Pisces ignored my complaints. "How was your summer?"

I paused to think. "Well, it was actually quite-"

My words were interrupted when a middle aged black haired man walked into my line of sight. He was carrying a pile of paper, as well as a laptop.

"Hello, class." The man said, trying not to drop the pile of paper. "Sorry for being late. Let's go in, shall we?"

Pisces and I stared at each other.

"That can't be." Pisces said.

"Didn't he leave Brooklyn Astrological High School?" I asked.

"Yeah, but he didn't tell us that he was coming here." Pisces responded.

"Wait a minute," Taurus, who was listening to our conversation, suddenly said. "Isn't that Mr Perseus? From Brooklyn Astrological High School?"

~~~

All of us took our seats as the teacher, who we recognised as Mr Perseus from our old school, wrote some things on the whiteboard with a whiteboard marker.

"I bet some of you are wondering why you haven't seen me around here before." Mr Perseus said as he continued writing. Then, he turned around the face the class. "You can call me Mr Perseus, or Mr Algol. I recently transferred here from Brooklyn Astrological High School, and I see that I can see some familiar faces around here."

Mr Perseus started looking around at us, his eyes darting around the room to find more of our "squad" members. Nothing more embarrassing than seeing an old teacher teach at your new school, then having him notice that you were from his old school and pointing that out in front of the entire class.

"Let me start the day with the attendance." Mr Perseus sat down at his desk and opened his laptop.

I could hear students whispering from behind me, as well as some members of our "squad" asking each other, "Isn't that Mr Perseus from our old school?", and "He didn't tell us he'd be here.".