Chapter 22 - Code Cracking and a Confession

I haven't updated this child in quite a while so here we go.

And yes, I will refer to my book as a child, I'm weird, don't ask why.

~~~

Capricorn

"There's definitely something up with these scrolls." Virgo said out loud as she picked one up. "How do random pieces of paper suddenly appear out of nowhere?"

"Um, I don't know." I replied. "It's not magic or something, is it?"

Virgo picked up another scroll, examined it, then put it down and sighed. "Considering the number of abnormal things going on at the moment, it could be possible."

It was around 9pm at the moment. Virgo and I were sitting on the couch in the boys' dorm examining the scrolls and checking to see if anything else was there.

"Sagittarius mentioned something falling out of this one." I said, picking up that scroll Sagittarius had talked about.

At the top of the scroll, written in ink, was the word "ΤOΞÓTHΣ". There were a few other words at the bottom of it, in the same weird looking letters. Some of them actually looked like some letters of the English alphabet. In fact, I could've sworn that these letters looked familiar-

I picked up another scroll. For some reason, I felt a personal connection to the scroll, which was impossible, considering that I've never seen that scroll in my life except for today. The word "ΑIΓÓKEPΩΣ" was written at the top of the scroll in the same black ink. The words below it looked the same as the words at the bottom of the scroll I picked up before...

I started grabbing other scrolls. They were completely identical, except for their titles.

"Virgo, look at this." I told her. "These smaller words are the same on every scroll."

"They are?" She asked. She took a look at the scroll she was holding, and examined another scroll. "Oh yeah! What do they say?"

"Not that sure." I replied, taking a closer look at one of the scrolls.

All of a sudden, the scroll with the word "ΑIΓÓKEPΩΣ" started glowing. I dropped it in surprise, and another piece of paper appeared out of thin air.

Virgo had seen it too. "How-"

"I don't know." I said, picking the second piece of paper up. On the paper was some kind of message. There was the small message that seemed to be the same on every scroll, and an English translation underneath.

"This is a translation!" I exclaimed. Virgo moved over to take a closer look at the piece of paper I was holding.

"In the hands of the specified Zodiac Sign, the scroll will produce whatever the Zodiac Sign needs." I read.

"'In the hands of the specified Zodiac Sign'?" Virgo wondered out loud. "What is that supposed to mean?"

I had no idea as well. Then, I remembered that Sagittarius mentioned a piece of paper appearing out of nowhere that helped her make an anti-curse draught when she had touched the cursed piece of paper. It, too, had called her a Zodiac Sign. If our entire group were Zodiac Signs, then-

"Virgo," I asked. "Do you know what 'Capricorn' in Greek is?" I didn't know why I specifically asked for a Greek translation. I just went with what my gut told me to do.

"In Greek?" Virgo asked. "I think it's 'Αιγόκερως'." After saying that, she put her hands over her mouth. "How did I know that?!"

"Can you write it down?" I asked, handing her a pad of paper and a pen.

"Let me see." After thinking for a while, she wrote "ΑIΓÓKEPΩΣ" on the pad of paper. "This is in all capitals, by the way." She added.

I studied the word Virgo had written on her pad of paper. Then, I picked up the scroll that had produced the piece of paper with the translation in it. The word at the top of the scroll was identical to the word Virgo had written on the pad of paper.

"'In the hands of the specified Zodiac Sign'..." I said to myself. My eyes widened as I made a discovery. "Virgo, this all makes sense now!"

Virgo moved over to look at the scroll I was holding. "What does?"

"That translation sheet said 'In the hands of the specified Zodiac Sign, the scroll will produce whatever the Zodiac Sign needs.'." I explained. "What you wrote on that pad of paper is identical to the title of this scroll." I showed her the scroll I was holding. "This is my name in Greek. At the time the translation paper appeared, I needed to find out what the scroll said. I'm the Zodiac Sign Capricorn. This scroll was assigned to me."

Virgo looked back and forth from the scroll to the pad of paper, then at me. "You're right. Capricorn, you're a genius!"

She looked up at me, and at that moment, our eyes met. The feelings I had for her that I used to panic about were back. The two of us just stared at each other for a while, before I looked away, blushing.

"Sorry," Virgo apologised. "I didn't mean to-"

"No, it's fine." I replied. "I guess I just got a bit nervous."

"About what?" She asked.

Crap, did I just expose myself? I thought.

Just then, Taurus walked out of his room, no doubt having heard our conversations.

He sighed and shook his head. "You guys are my best friends, but I have to say, you guys are kind of stupid sometimes."

"Taurus, we just cracked a code, how are we stupid?" Virgo asked him.

"No, I mean oblivious." He said, making his way towards us. "Both of you have a crush on each other. Don't deny it."

There was a moment of silence. I was staring at Virgo. Virgo was staring at me. Taurus was staring at the both of us.

"Well?" Taurus asked, making the two of us blush even harder.

"I like you, Virgo." I mumbled.

"I like you too." Virgo said shyly.

"Do you, um," From the corner of my eye, I could see Taurus giving me a thumbs up. I looked back at Virgo. "Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

Virgo blushed even harder. "Yes, I'd love to."

Taurus looked extremely pleased with himself. "See? It's that easy." With that, he went back into his room.

Virgo and I looked at each other for a while. Then, we laughed.

"He must've been really desperate." Virgo said, laughing.

"Yep." I added. "In fact, he's been bugging me about it all month."

"Really?" She asked.

I laughed too. "It was kind of annoying, really."

I paused as my eyes met hers. "I really do like you, do you know that?"

Virgo's cheeks turned pink. "Yes, I do know that."

We stared at each other for a while. Then, Virgo got up.

"I've got to go." She said to me, picking her things up. "I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Yeah," I said out loud after she had closed the door. "I'll see you."

~~~

And here we have the ship that was once briefly mentioned in chapter 2 and then mentioned again in chapter 6. This is chapter 22, for goodness sake.

But Taurus in this chapter though, just- I've never laughed so hard at one of my characters before.

Anyways, have a good day/night, and stay safe!

Peace out,

The author owo