Chapter 8 - Long List of Ex-Lovers

Scorpio

I was listening to "Blank Space" by Taylor Swift when I saw her.

And she told me that she wouldn't come back.

She sat down in a chair across from me, not even looking at me when she sat down. Her lilac ponytail was so long. She didn't look like this back then.

At that moment, Pisces walked into the library and sat next to me.

"Whatcha doin', Scorpio?" She asked me in her usual playful tone.

I paid no attention to her. My eyes were still looking at the lilac haired girl.

I thought that I would forget her name, actually, I wanted to. It would just be much easier than remembering the pain of our breakup.

But her name rang loud and clear in my mind, over and over again.

"Who are ya looking at?" Pisces continued to ask.

"Nothing." I mumbled.

"You're looking at that girl, aren't ya?" She pointed at the lilac haired girl.

"No." I lied.

Pisces looked at me, studying my look, as if she was a human lie-detector. "Come on. Don't lie to me. You're looking at her."

"Fine!" I took my headphones out of my ears and paused the music. "I just... don't want to talk about it."

"Okie dokes." Pisces skipped off to a bookshelf filled with books. She stood there for a while, choosing, then she picked one up, skipping back to me, sitting down at the beanbag next to my schoolbag.

The lilac haired girl paid no attention to us. I doubt that she even remembered my name. I did, however, and I wish I never did. Her name was Ophiuchus.

Thinking about Ophiuchus only made the bad memories of failed relationships come back. I braced myself for the flood of memories to come and take me back into my eras of pain and suffering.

My first girlfriend was the one I had back when I was 13. Our relationship only lasted for 3 months. At the time, I was still gullible and vulnerable to being betrayed. My girlfriend, Jacqueline, kept leading me to all sorts of dangerous places, or places that I couldn't go to. She once snuck into a bar, bought some whiskey, and brought it back to her home. I spent the night with her, and she convinced me to try some of it. When I went back to the orphanage, where I lived at the time, my brother Aries was furious. Even though he's only around seven or so months older than I am, he goes into "overprotective brother" mode easily. I didn't listen to him. I was so in love with Jacqueline, I didn't suspect anything until she "accidentally" pushed me in front of a moving car. She claims that it was an accident, but I knew that she did it because she didn't want me around anymore, and what better way to dispose of your girlfriend than pushing her in front of a car?

Jacqueline got sent to the mental hospital after the incident and our breakup, but before leaving, she shouted to everyone, "If you think that I'm crazy, then just look at Scorpio!" Those words left a permanent mark in my heart. From then on, I learned to not be so gullible again.

I met my second girlfriend Denise when I was 14. This time, the relationship lasted for only 1 month, because it turned out that Denise was a player. She only started dating me because the guy she liked didn't like her back. When he changed his mind about Denise, she dumped me and went off to be with him instead. Plus, by the time, everyone knew the rumours about Jacqueline and I, and Denise certainly didn't want to be sent to the mental hospital. She had proved her point to everyone during our breakup, that nobody wanted to be with a freak like me.

After that, I was so certain that I would never find "true love" again. Even the amount of times Aries spent comforting me couldn't heal my broken heart.

Then, I met Ophiuchus, the lilac haired girl I was staring at in the library. It was a week after my breakup with Denise when she sat down next to me at lunch and asked me out. We dated for a whole year. The times I spent with Ophiuchus were probably some of the best times in my entire life. I couldn't count the number of time we ate ice cream together, or spent time in the library reading weird legends. I even remembered the time in high school where I went to an amusement park with Ophiuchus and "the gang", as Leo the ginormous prick says.

Our breakup was the thing that broke my heart the most. Ophiuchus' father disapproved of our relationship. Ophiuchus was forced to move out of New York, and I would never see her again.

I still remember the events of the breakup, her telling me about the news, me screaming in the rain begging her to ask her father to give us a chance. In the end, I decided that it was for the good of both of us. Ophiuchus would be getting a good education outside of Manhattan, and I would be forced to cope with this devastating heartbreak forever.

And she told me that she wouldn't come back.

Now, here she was, in the library, not that far away from me.

All the love I once had for her faded, because she lied to me.

I put my headphones back on and listened to the music, hoping that it would take my mind off all of this.

I hate math assignments, but not as much as I hate my love life.

~~~

Well that's chapter 8 done. Finally, after all that procrastination.

I know it's rather short, but I'm running out of ideas and I can't always make my chapters around 1000 words long, can I?

I don't have much to say. I have a lot of homework right now.

By the way, I'm making a new zodiac book. I know I really should be focusing on just one, but I had a really good idea for a storyline, and I didn't want to forget it, so here it is. I'll let y'all know when it comes out.

Cassie and Polly aren't here because they're halfway across the world, and I'm stuck here with the stupid new virus.

And that's it for Why My Life Right Now Sucks, have a great day/night and goodbye.

Peace out,

The author owo