Epilogue - The Contract

December 21st - The Winter Solstice

"The contract." She said. "Did you forget it?"

It was midnight. The light from the bright city skyline shone through the windows into the room.

A woman stood in the room. She had olive skin and sharp olive green eyes. Half of her raven black hair was tied into a bun, while the other half was let down. She wore a red Greek style chiton, and a navy blue cloak on her shoulders.

She stood in front of a holographic image of a man with brown hair and grey eyes. The man was wearing an ancient Greek tunic, with a quiver of arrows slung on his left shoulder.

"Why would I forget the contract, Medea?" asked the man.

"The winter solstice." remarked the woman, Medea. "I've been waiting for this all year, Master Orion."

Orion simply nodded his head. "I see. I'm afraid I'll have to postpone it by another year."

Medea raised an eyebrow. "You said that last year."

"I know."

"And the year before."

"I know."

"And the year before that."

"I know."

Medea heaved an exasperated sigh. "You promised me a chunk of Celestia. It is all I ask for."

"I know." Orion repeated.

"How long do I have to wait?" Medea asked.

"How long have you been waiting?" Orion asked her back.

Medea slammed her hand on the table that separated herself from the hologram. "Fifteen years." She answered firmly. "I've waited fifteen years for you to finally sign your end of the contract. And after all I've done for you-"

A booming voice behind Orion spoke.

"She speaks confidently, Orion." said the voice. "It's surprising that you still resist."

Medea gasped. She knew that voice. Orion would speak to it every now and then.

"Ouranos." Medea said softly.

"Medea, isn't it?" Ouranos' voice asked. "I've heard of you. A shame that you got what you deserved."

Medea clenched her fists. "That's none of your business."

"Silence, Medea." said Orion. He turned away from her. "I see you are getting stronger, my Lord."

My Lord? Medea thought. Orion is working with Ouranos now?

"The Celestian Crystal." Ouranos' voice boomed. "And the Gaean Gem. Have you found them?"

"Not yet, my Lord." Orion replied. "But I will be close to finding them soon."

"Soon," said Ouranos' voice. "Soon, I'll rise again. And all the children of Gaea shall feel my vengeance."

Orion turned around to find Medea, who just stood there, listening to their whole conversation.

"You were still here?" He asked her.

"Yes." She replied. "The contract?"

"Next year." Orion replied again, pressing a button on his side of the hologram that made the hologram disappear.

Medea stood there, trying to process everything. Then, out of a fit of rage, she grabbed a small vase from the corner of her desk and chucked it at a wall.